Believe Me

I was inside a room filled with high tech stuff. Dig was there, but I didn't recognize any of the other people.

"If you need me to draw up the smash and grab, done. But John isn't a field agent. He's not qualified. " said a woman.

"Judging from how he and Oliver Queen spend their free time, I'd say his credits transfer. As do Anna Dumas's." said a dark skinned woman who turned and looked at me, with a pointed look.

"Hey, look, I don't want this thing out in the open any more than you do. But I'm not sending my boss in on another one of your business trips." Dig said.

"I have no intention of involving the Arrow. I need you." Said the dark skinned woman.

"What for?" John asked.

"Gholem Qadir." Said the light skinned woman.

"We caught him." Dig said.

"D.O.D. turned Qadir loose a few years ago." Said the light skinned woman, who's name I learned was Lyla.

"Who thought that was a good idea?" Dig asked.
"It's a complicated world, Johnny." Lyla said.
"The nerve agent's not the only WMD Qadir's tried getting his scummy fingers on. Last month, he tried to buy Malcolm Merlyn's prototype earthquake machine." Said the dark skinned woman, named Amanda Waller.

"Thank you for stopping that by the way. Fortunately he doesn't know about your involvement in that.

He remembers you as the man who tried to save his life." Said Waller.

I tuned them out as I took in the room I was in. I was hoping to never come back here. Amanda Waller was a scary lady. I hoped to never cross her.

"I don't need you to get the nerve agent out. I need you to get your team in." Waller said, walking down a bunch of hallways, having us follow.

"My team?" Dig asked.
"They're designated Task Force X." Waller said.

"Give me a break." Said a familiar voice that I hadn't heard in a long, long time.

Three men stepped out of cells, in bright yellow jumpsuits.

"This aint no task force. Let's call it like it is. Welcome to the Suicide Squad." Floyd Lawton chuckled, smirking at me.

Some guards began to uncuff them.

"It's not only prisoners who grow course and hardened from corporal punishment, but those as well who perpetrate the act or who are present to witness it." Ranted someone.

"Oh, please stop giving him books." Said a taller dark skinned man.

"So this is your unit, huh, Waller?" Dig asked.

"What, OJ and Charles Manson weren't available?" I asked. Lawton chuckled.

"This is a dangerous operation. And these men have useful skills. Should the mission be compromised..." Waller began.
"You'll just write them off. The Suicide Squad." Dig said.

Lawton blew a kiss at Dig, mockingly as he went back into his cell. I noticed all of the photos of his daughter, Zoe on his wall.

I thought back to the photo I found in his wallet.

I felt bad about how I left him. It'd been so long since I'd seen him, even longer for him since my superpowers were time travel. I moved, wanting to get away from Amanda Waller and Deadshot.

I appeared in a shabby apartment, where Lyla was waiting for me. She was dressed up, and had a dress ready for me. I was seriously concerned about what I was doing here.
"How'd I get here?" I asked.