Shiraishi Toby

YOUR POV

My ride home with Kageyama was quiet, aside from the fact that the kid beside me kept on mumbling incoherent words as he glared at the phone I handed him awhile ago.

"What's wrong?" I asked with a chuckle as I ruffled his hair.

"Mom won't answer my calls..." He said, starting to tear up again. Poor Tobio #2...he was left by their plane.

"It's alright, Little one. You can call your mom later. I am sure that her phone is on airplane mode." I smiled at him.

Being the ones to see him, Kageyama and I were obliged to take care of him and look for his mother. Surprisingly, for a 5 years old child, he has a sharp memory. He even memorized his mother's phone number in case of emergencies.

"So, Kiddo, what is your name?" I asked, upon realization that we haven't asked his name yet. "I'm Toby..." He smiled softly and handed me my phone.

"Shiraishi Toby..." He continued.

I chuckled and pinched his cheeks. "You're so cute!" I exclaimed, pulling him in for a hug.

"Oi, don't suffocate the child, Y/N."

"I'm not!"

I sent Tobio a playful glare before glancing back towards Toby who was looking outside the window with an amused expression.

He was kneeling on his seat, facing the window. His little fingers marked the window as he gaped at the scenery. It was a grassy platform with trees scattered everywhere and some houses were found by the far end as well.

"Isn't it wonderful, Toby?" I asked, smiling widely at the child. Children had always been quite a headache for me, but they sure are lovable when they show their innocent sides.

"It is, Mommy!" He beamed.

Upon hearing his words, Tobio faced me, looking just as shocked as I was.

Toby then faced me with an apologetic smile. "I'm so sorry!! I just missed my mom..." Toby looked down, about to tear up but I smiled at him, ruffling his hair.

"It's alright, Toby. I can be your temporary Mommy and Tobio-kun can be your temporary Daddy." I smiled and the child brightened up.

※※※※※※※

"Thank you,"

After paying and thanking the driver, Kageyama, Toby and I went inside my house. I lived alone since my parents are abroad.

"Whoaa!! Your place is huge, Mommy!" Toby said, plopping down on the sofa. I chuckled and nodded. "Well, too big for a girl who lives alone." I smiled and placed my bags on the stairway before heading towards the kitchen to whip something up for the three of us.

Tobio then entered the house, placing my other luggage down.

"So Tony..."

"It's Toby!"

"Sorry... Toby, where is your dad?"

I tucked a few strands of my hair behind my ears as I listened to their conversation. "I don't know..." Toby said.

I was waiting for Kageyama to say anything else but I guess he didn't want to push the child too hard.

"Well Toby, while you are in my girlfriend's house, behave yourself."