When Toby becomes literal

"TOBY!!! MAKE IT FAST! WE'RE GOING TO BE LATE FOR YOUR CHECK UP!" Kageyama shouted from outside their shared room as Y/N sat on the sofa, sipping a few of her coffee (probably hot chocolate XD).

Y/N's ears perked up as the door to her room was slammed open.

"SHUT UP, DAD! YOU SHOULD'VE WARNED ME EARLIER IF YOU DIDN'T WANT TO BE LATE!" Toby's voice rang around the house making Y/N let a little laugh at how humorous her son was becoming.

Kageyama came down with an irk mark on his forehead as he plopped down on the sofa beside Y/N. "He just told you to shut up, Tobio-kun." She laughed. "Shut up, Y/N..." Kageyama said.

"Now I was told to shut up..."

"..."

The bus ride towards Toby's doctor's clinic was silent until Toby sighed, seeing the usual white and baby blue color palette of the clinic. As the three entered, Toby sat on one of the chairs, waiting for his turn.

"Toby Shiraishi," A nurse came up towards Toby and lead him inside a room with Y/N and Kageyama following beside them. Toby was asked to sit on the bed as the nurse examined him.

The check up went well... When the nurse says something, Toby would do as she says but that was until the nurse asked her to do one particular task.

"Okay Toby, good boy... You're doing good but there is one more thing... I want you to stand on one foot." The nurse smiled.

Y/N watched Toby carefully as the toddler suspiciously looked at the nurse. The nurse smiled and doing as said, Toby stood up from the bed and stood on one foot...

One foot, huh?

Toby did that... But he stepped on one of the nurse's foot. Y/N and Kageyama looked at each other.

"Toby, get off my foot!" The nurse exclaimed, pulling her foot out and Toby grinned at her. "Is that all for my check up?"

Oh dear, it looks like little Toby had taken things too literally....

On their way home, Y/N kept on laughing about what Toby just did. "You were so funny, Toby!!" She laughed as she held on to the boy's little hand.

"Really? I'm glad that Mommy found it amusing... It's also the nurse's fault... She told me to stand on one foot..." Toby pouted. Y/N chuckled and ruffled his hair.

"But Toby, regarding what you told your Dad awhile ago, don't shout 'Shut up' to anybody... Especially your elders..." Y/N started her lectures.

"Why?" Toby asked.

"It may come out very harsh for other people... And you must always be a polite child, okay?" Y/N asked. Toby nodded and looked up at Kageyama who was walking beside him.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you, Dad..." He said making Kageyama ruffle his hair.

Y/N couldn't ask for anything other than this... But everything is just temporary... Toby isn't even their real son and one way or another, little Toby would have to leave them.

"Toby, remember us always, okay?" Y/N said, almost crying. Kageyama looked at his girlfriend and wiped her tears. "Don't cry, Mommy... You and Dad will always be in my heart..." Toby smiled and hugged Y/N.

"Thank you..."

"We should keep going, I could tell that it's about to rain..." Tobio muttered.

Y/N agreed and they all went home. Not soon after they got home, drizzle of rain started to form and the once dry front yard grass began changing hues of darker green as it got wet.

Toby was staring outside the window, gazing over the rain. "Mom, Dad, can we play by the rain?" Toby asked. "No, Toby... You might get sick." Y/N said but the child's puppy eyes can never be beat by anything...

"Argh! Fine... Are you coming, Tobio?" Y/N asked. Kageyama shook his head and so the two headed outside.

Kageyama who was left under the roof of their house, sat beside the door as he watched his girlfriend and Toby playing by the rain.

Laughter filled the atmosphere as they both danced under the rain... Little did they know, a little click of a camera had already saved that memory for them.

Kageyama smiled as he gazed down on the photo that he has taken...