Footprints?!?!

YOUR POV •

It has been two years now since Toby went back to his mother and Kageyama and I went on with our lives like before. Kageyama would accompany me at my house during Fridays and during Saturdays, I would visit his.

Today, I was inside Tobio's room, reading through his mangas. When I heard a knock on his door. Kageyama was currently on his phone, listening to his music as he caressed the ball on his hand.

I looked at Kageyama who stood up and opened his door. And there we saw his mother, holding a tray. "Hello, Kids." She said as she entered the room and set the tray on a table.

"Thank you, Mom." I beamed as I sat up. Mrs. Kageyama had told me not to call her Auntie or Mrs. kageyama anymore since if I'd still be using that, it would feel as if I had no connections with him.
"It's my pleasure, Y/N. So I heard that exams are starting next week." Mom had a scary grin as she shot Kageyama a look. "Mom, no... Y/N would also be busy... She's going to a prep school anyways..."

"Oh come on, Tobio..." I chuckled and looked at Mom. "Mom, it's alright, I can tutor Tobio... We can also start reviewing today." I sent Tobio an eye smile.

"Tch..."

"That's my son's girl. I'll be leaving you two." Mom said and proceeded towards the door. But before she can leave, she turned around again. "Oh, would you like to have dinner with us?" She asked. I smiled and shook my head. "It's alright, Mom..." I kindly refused.

"I'm cooking your favorite."

"I'm in," I chuckled and she laughed.

"Okay, be down by 7."

And with that, she left.

I faced Kageyama who was looking at me while dribbling a ball. "Toby said that it's rude to stare..." I smiled and he laughed. "Really? I didn't know." He said and threw the ball towards me which I caught and placed beside me.

"Come on now, Tobio... Let's start reviewing."

Hours were spent with me and Tobio fighting over his English grammar. He would scowl everytime I would correct him and I would always frown when he complains about them.

"DINNER IS READY!!"

We heard Kageyama's mom shout and we shot each other a look. And then we dashed down after saying,  "Last to go down gets to buy two yoghurt drinks!"

But of course... Kageyama being the athlete that he is, got there first. I pouted but was back to cheerful mode after seeing Kageyama's and my favorite food.

After dinner, I had decided to go home and Tobio, being me gentleman boyfriend, suggested that he should accompany me home.

"Y/N, don't forget about my yoghurt drink."

"Let's buy that tomorrow... It's about to r-"

And just as I predicted, it had started to rain... Really hard. Kageyama and I ran as fast as our legs could get us and finally reached my house.

"I knew I should've brought an umbrella..." I sighed as I pushed my wet hair behind and look at Kageyama who was looking down on the floor. Following his gaze, I can't believe what I saw!

Muddy footprints...

"Looks like someone is inside your house..." Kageyama said and gently opened the door, leading to more footprints. Kageyama and I quietly entered the house, following where the footprint would lead us.

"Welcome home, mommy and daddy!"

"..."

It felt like my heart leaped with joy as I slowly recognized those tiny footprints.

"TOBY?!"

Kageyama and I exclaimed as we ran towards the child, hugging him tightly.

"I've missed you so much!" I said, ruffling his hair. But what?

He didn't looks happy... Rather irritated.

"Yuck! You two are wet!!" He complained, tugging on his now soggy clothes.

"Oops!"

"But I missed you both!!!" He giggled and threw himself on us, resulting for the three of us to fall on the floor.

"You've gone heavier..." Kageyama stated. "Well, I'm becoming a big boy." He smiled, looking up at us.

"Oh we missed you." I said, circling him as I hug him. We then stopped and Kageyama joined in the hug.

A family made possible with the man I love and the child I came to love even if he was not from me. There's nothing else I could ask for, they give me the joy that I've been longing for.

°°°°
Kyaaaaaaaaaa!  Finally done! I am so sorry, I do not know how to end stories huhu but I hope that you liked it!

I am also sorry for my wrong grammars and spellings... I'll be checking them when I get the time to ^^

❤💗💜💚💙💓

Edited: September 17, 2018