Cousin Yuki

YOUR POV •

"Toby!! Please be a darling and don't pick a fight with Yuki..." I stated, walking inside the house with my 6 years old cousin, Yuki. "Hello, Yuki! I'm Toby..." Toby grinned as he waved a hand at the older girl.

"H-hi..." Yuki, being the shy girl that she is, hid behind me. I chuckled and gave Yuki a reassuring hug. "It's alright, Yuki... Toby is a good boy." I smiled and she nodded.

"Come on, kids... You can play by the living room. Auntie left some of Yuki's toys there." I stated, watching the two dash out of my vision in an instant. Chuckling, I shook my head before heading towards the kitchen to prepare us some snacks.

"Y/N!" A slightly deep voice rang from the front door accompanied by a soft thud.

"Daddy!"

"Hi... Oh... Yuki is here..."

"Hello, Nii-san..."

I turned around to see Kageyama already making his way towards me. I smiled at him as he placed a box on top of the kitchen counter. Kageyama went home last night to get more of his clothes and have the used ones washed.

"Morning," I greeted him and gave him a quick kiss on the lips which he returned.

He then pulled a chair and sat beside me as I started mixing some of the ingredients to make my homemade Brownies. "So what is on the box?" I asked.

"Mom told me to bring this to you... It's a cake." He said, undoing the box's decorative ribbon before opening it. It was a small Black Forrest cake. My favorite...

"How thoughtful of them..."

"That is actually from a friend. And you know mom... She can't eat too much sweets so she decided to give it to you." Kageyama explained. "Tell her I say thank y-"

"SILENCE YOU PEASANT!!"

Kageyama and I looked at each other as Toby yelled. "Did you teach him those words?!?!" We both asked in unison.

"Excuse me, I wouldn't dare do that!" I said and Kageyama retorted. "Neither would I..."

Yuki came rushing towards us with tears cascading down her cheeks. "Nee-san, Toby called me a peasant..." She whined.

"I'm sorry!!! It's just..." Toby muttered, bashfully playing with his fingers whilst preventing himself from crying.

"Toby, who taught you that word?" I asked, holding Yuki on one of my arms and putting the other one on my waist.

"Mommy said that using 'shut up' is rude... So I used the word 'peasant' because that is what I heard the people in the television said... Isn't peasant the word to describe something nice?" Toby said, looking down.

"Something nice?"

"Yes... Like how they say 'a peasant morning for you,' and all..." Toby said.

Surely my child is adopting words easily... But its so hard when he heard them wrong...

"Toby, it's Ple-asant..."

"That's the same!!" Toby pouted and stormed over to the living room. At the younger boy's demise, a soft cackle was heard from Yuki.

Much to our astonishment, the ever so timid six years old was actually laughing in front of us. "Awww Yuki!!" I chuckled and hugged her. "Now go back and play with Toby." I said and she went back to where they were before.

A few minutes passed and the sweet aroma of freshly baked Brownies engulfed the whole house. Kageyama who looked fairly bored awhile ago as he watched me bake was now gawking at the tray of Brownies that I made. Slicing it up into tiny squares, I neatly presented them on a plate.

Blowing on it, I ushered Kageyama to open his mouth. Doing as I told him, he took a bite of the hot Brownies. He looked pained by the heat but still managed to master up a small smile. "It's yummy as always." He said, giving me a thumbs up.

I smiled and took another set of plates from the cabinet, placing three Brownies on each and then I also made a glass of Orange juice for the kids. Placing them on a tray, I walked over to the kids who were playing with Yuki's dollhouse.

Toby of course took the role of Ken on their play. I placed the tray on top of the table and the two stood up to eat.

"This is delicious, Mommy!"

"Hmmm~"

"Thanks kids." I smiled and gave them both a peck on the forehead. I then looked at their play set.

Two dolls were placed randomly inside the house. "So which of those dolls can I be?" I asked the two. Yuki paused and thought while Toby answered bluntly. "The one who washes the dishes of course," Toby said as he took a gulp of his orange juice.

"HUH?!?! Yuki-chan, do you agree with this?" I asked. Yuki chuckled and nodded teasingly. "Ouch... You two are mean." I faked a cry.

"It's okay, Mommy... We love you anyways." Toby grinned and I smiled at him. "Thank you, Toby..."

The day was spent with the couple entertaining their 'children'.  Fun time came to sleepy time as the sun slowly set. Kageyama was flopped onto my sofa, holding a fairytale book as he read it's context aloud for the children to hear. But of course, this deed was against his own free will. A chuckle left my lips as I stepped inside the room just in time for Kageyama to send me a slight glare before resuming his night time duty.

Right then, the doorbell rang. I stood up from the sofa and noticed the familiar car parked outside. I opened the door and greeted my Aunt. "Good evening, thanks for taking care of Yuki," Auntie smiled and Kageyama handed the sleeping Yuki over to my other cousin, Yuki's brother.

"No problem... Yuki has been a great child." I smiled and looked at Kageyama who was taking Toby inside our room.

"Hmm? Is that another child? Y/N, don't tell me that you got pregnant at that age..." She warned. I laughed and shook my head. "Please don't think of that... Toby is just the baby we're babysitting..." I explained.

Auntie smiled and nodded. "Okay then. I am sure that you're tired... Thanks again and Y/N, don't you dare do anything naughty... You're still young, my dear..." She smiled and I nodded. Giving her one last hug, I closed the door behind me.

With a small sigh, I trudged my way towards my room. Kageyama was on his phone while Toby was asleep on his side of the bed.

I quickly refreshed myself up and laid on the other end of the bed. I looked at Tobio who was already looking at me.

"You know, you'd be a great father someday..." I smiled and he ruffled my hair.

"You too..."

"Eh?! I can never be a father!"

"Tch. Dummy... I mean about being a mother."

"Ohh... Haha be more specific, Tobio."

"Good night, Y/N."

"Good night, Tobio..."

Edited: September 17, 2018