Going Camping

They sat in the Army Truck for a while, occasionally making stops, and more families came on. Masato tried having an conversation with some people, but was greeted with stony stares. After what seemed like two hours, they finally stopped, and they all got out. They were prodded into an line, then one of the soldiers declared "Welcome To Fort McCoy! Please go inside the grey building to be assigned a home." Everyone in line shuffled toward the building, and Masato's family, being in the middle of the line, had to wait awhile for their turn. When they finally got into the building, they found a women sitting at a desk with an enormous book in front of her. "What is your surname?" she asked them stiffly. "We are the Ono family." Masato's father replied. She flipped through the pages muttering "Ono, Ono.. Where is the O section? Oh snap, where is it? Ah, Bingo!" She turned the book around, and in small black print, it said The Ono Family Ancestry: Japanese. As Masato read it, she said "You will be assigned to Living quarters #24601." As Masato's family left to go to their living quarters, Masato heard her mutter "This is horrible, the government herding innocent people around like cattle..." That comment stuck with Masato, and gave him hope that not everyone supported this act. As they were walking through the camp, Masato noticed that their were guards stationed near every house, and they all looked like the soldiers that took them here. After ten minutes of walking, they finally reached their house, if it even was that. It was a tiny army barrack, and when Masato looked inside, there were four small rooms, each with three beds, and a small drawer, and were all separated by a curtain. A family was already there, and said "Each family gets one room, take your pick."After they unpacked, they attempted to get some sleep, but it was hard for Masato, as his sister kept on taking up most of the bed. Finally, after almost an hour, Masato slept, and dreamt. In the dream, it was the dead of winter, and Masato was running. When Masato looked back, all he saw was a swarm of black bats. In the dream, there was a grey bear as large as a mountain ahead of Masato, but when Masato waved his arms, the bear just looked at him sadly, then lumbered off. Masato lowered his arms, and the bats immediately swooped down on him, and clawed at him, carrying him down, to a inferno of place, with pain and suffering, persecution, and torment and torture. As Masato was being dragged down, he heard a voice that was a cannon shot, and ponded Masato's eardrums. "You are no longer welcome, no one on heaven or earth can help you now. We apologize for the inconvenience." Then with an Crack!, the bats dropped Masato. He looked down, and saw the floor beckoning to him. Just as he was about to hit it, he woke up in an sweat.