17 | Sitting in a Tree

Your PoV

I walk into the lair on a chilly Saturday morning, still pumped about Donnie and me being together and shit. It makes me feel the happiest I've been in so long, and Donnie is the sweetest guy I could ever hope for.

As I push past the turnstiles, I see the boys lounging around in the living room, half-asleep with the tv on. Master Splinter stands above the tire swing and the water under it, in front of the dojo. He glances at me as I come nearer, shaking his head.

"I am sorry that the boys aren't more lively this morning," he murmurs. Donnie sits up, blinking, and pushes himself off the couch.

I laugh a little as he gently embraces me. "Good morning, Master Splinter. Hi, Donnie."

"What, don't we get a hello?" Raph asks from the couch.

Donnie hugs me again, a protective look on his face. "Nah, she doesn't like you guys anymore."

"Hi, guys," I giggle, putting my hands against Donnie's plastron to push him away. "I was bored at home and I woke up early. I hope you don't mind me dropping in like this."

"No problemo," Mikey volunteers immediately. "Donnie couldn't stop talking about you during training and stuff. He couldn't wait to see you."

Red sprawls over Donnie's cheeks as his brothers snicker to themselves.

"That's really sweet," I reply, as Donnie sets a hand on my shoulder.

"C'mon, (Y/n)," he says. "Ignore those jokers. I've got some fun stuff for us in the lab."

Mikey laughs again. "(Y/n) and Donnie, sittin' in a tree," he croons.

"K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" Raph and Leo join in, laughing so hard that they're almost crying.

I roll my eyes. "Whatever, weirdos. You guys are gonna be bored while Donnie and I hang out."

With that, I turn around, smile sweetly at Master Splinter, who returns the favor, and walk with my boyfriend to his lab.

"So, working on the car today again?" I ask, sitting at his computer. Donnie eyes me warily, as if I'll wake it up and see his screensaver again, and shakes his head no.

"Actually, I found some cool stuff online that we could try out," he says casually. "But first I want to fix your hair."

"My hair?" I repeat.

He nods, and I take a ponytail holder from my wrist and set it on his desk.

"You want me to get up?" I ask, but he says no again.

"I'll stand. Don't worry about it." he offers.

He combs his digits through my hair, curling the locks around his finger. I can feel him brush it away from my face, gently tugging it into his idea of my new style.

"Shake the mouse, Angel, and wake my computer up. Please," he says, and I obey. My hand falls over the mouse, and jolts the computer into livelihood. Instead of the expected screensaver, I see a page pulled up of something I'd never have expected out of sweet, mild Donnie.

"Pranking?" I ask. "Who are we going to prank?"

In the reflection of the computer screen, I see Donnie grin. "The guys," he says. "Who else?"

I sigh. "Okay, in was worried for a second there. I thought we were gonna, like, all band together and prank your dad."

"Nah..." Donnie exhales, "he'd get really mad. You've never seen him mad before, and I just don't have the guts."

I pause for a second, thinking.

"So... What are we gonna do?"

"I guess it's up to you. We have to do either one for each of them or a grand one for all of them at the same time." Donnie replies. "You know, whatever you feel like."

I smirk. "We should do all of that."

"You look evil," Donnie says, pretending to be scared. "That grin though, Angel. You're scary."

I pretend to do an evil laugh. "You should be scared, Donatello," I say in a deep, intimidating voice.

Donnie falls to his knees, begging mercy as I stand over him, faking wrath.

"Mwa ha ha!" I cry, throwing my head back after gently slapping him across the cheek. He lies motionless on the floor, defeated.

The lab door slides open.

"What are you two doing in here?" Raph asks, poking his head inside.

"And you call us weirdos," Mikey adds plaintively, nodding and folding his arms.

Donnie and I grin at each other, and I offer him a hand to help him up. My hair swishes around my shoulders, now in a decorative, wispy style.

"Your hair," Leo says, pushing the door open wider. "Did Donnie do it?"

"It's pretty," Mikey says, smiling. He starts to come in further, probably to touch it.

I put my hands up defensively. "No. You can't come in here," I order.

"Why not?" Raph asks.

"Because," Donnie says, backing me up. "There's something we don't want you to see. It's a surprise."

Mikey's entire face lights up. "I love surprises!" he cries excitedly. "Okay, I'm going! We're going!"

He pulls on Raph's arm, tugging him out the door. Leo shrugs, and follows them after giving us a funny look. He closes the door.

"Do I need to go shopping?" I ask in a whisper.

"You might," Donnie replies. "Let's see what we want to do first, huh? If we need something, I'll see if there's something I can do in the lab. I don't want you to spend your money on something like this."

"Donnie," I say, smiling helplessly. "You don't understand. I'd love to help you do stuff like this. I don't care about how much it costs."

I sit back down at the computer, and Donnie stands beside me and clips something into my hair, as a finishing touch. He takes my phone and snaps a photo, showing it to me.

"It's beautiful," I say.

He grins at me, his hand on the computer keyboard. I smile back.

"Okay, Angel," Donnie says with finality, "shall we get started?"
~

"Okay, Angel," Donnie says with finality, "shall we get started?"~