21 | Resolve

Your PoV

"Psst..." someone whispers to me through a dark haze. "Psst, Angel! Wake up!"

"You knocked her out good, Donnie," I hear Raph remark.

"Psh!" Mikey scoffs. "Raph, it wasn't Donnie! Did you hear his story, or are you just a big doofus?"

I open my eyes in time to see Raph sucker punch Mikey in the ribs, firmly assuring him that his former statement was untrue. Around me, the lair swims in confused patterns, reminding me of what had just recently taken place.

"Shut up, guys," Leo says, separating the fight. "(Y/n)'s awake."

Donnie's masked face looms over me, then leans down and leaves a gentle kiss on my cheek.

"Are you okay, Angel?" he asks quietly, helping me sit up. I wince, my hand brushing against Donnie's. He presses the back of one hand to my forehead, mentally reading my temperature.

"I... I think so," I murmur, my thoughts slow. I glance around, seeing everyone at my side. I was laid on the ledge around the tv that seemed to serve as a couch, my head on a pillow. "When did we get home? Wh-what time is it?"

"About two a.m.," Leo replies, his arms folded across his shell. He shoots another look at Raph.

Mikey scoots a little closer to Donnie and me. "How you feelin', (Y/n)?" he asks. "Donnie said you got beat up pretty bad."

I yawn, stretching my aching muscles a bit. "I guess I did," I say with a smile. "The Purple Dragons almost got to Donnie while I was in the store, but I came out just in time."

"Literally," Donnie adds.

Raph shrugs. "He's your boyfriend, he should have protected you," he points out.

"We both look out for each other," I say sweetly, planting a kiss on Donnie's smooth cheek. He turns ten shades of red, hiding it behind one hand. Leo, Mikey, Raph, and Master Splinter share a smile.

"That's the way a relationship should be, right?" I ask a minute later, when Donnie seems finished.

Donnie looks up at his father. "Yeah. We're a couple; it's our responsibility to watch each other's backs."

"Thank you, (Y/n)," Master Splinter says, nodding at Donnie's remark, "for watching Donatello's back."

He turns, then, to the single boys. "I hope you three will have equally smart and respectful girlfriends as well."

It was my turn to blush.

"So, I'm guessing you guys ate the ice cream?" I ask after a minute.

Mikey cheerfully shakes his head. "D wouldn't let us. It's in the freezer."

"You're the one who wanted it in the first place, aren't you?" Donnie reminds me, sweeping me from the couch and up onto his shoulders. An excited whoop escapes my lips, and I hug his head as he situates me.

"(Y/n)," he says, sticking his arms out as if blind. "(Y/n), I can't see."

"Well, then use your excellent ninja skills to find your way to the kitchen," I say, half-jokingly.

Raph glances over his shoulder at us. "She's right, bro."

"I could make someone else carry me," I prod.

Mikey sticks his head out from the kitchen curtain, at attention. "Ooh! I will!" he shouts, volunteering without regret.

Donnie stands up a bit straighter, walking easily in the direction of Mikey's voice. I let go of his face as we pass him, and Donnie thanks his younger brother, much to his disappointment.

"You can carry me later," I promise as we sit down.

Donnie retrieves the ice cream from the freezer, setting the cartons down on the kitchen table. Leo gets out six bowls and six spoons, setting one of each in front of all of us.

We each spoon a desired amount of various types of ice creams into our deep bowls, laughing and joking with each other. Donnie and I share the full story of our legendary feat with the Purple Dragons, and he tells me, finally, what happened to Hun.

"Hospitalized," he said simply, "and arrested. We beat them up so badly that they were all admitted, but we helped the cops catch them."

"Wow." Raph says, genuinely surprised. "We heard about Fong, Sid, and Tso, but what'd (Y/n) do to Hun?"

Donnie grins at me. "I gave her three shuriken," he begins. "And she took care of Fong with two. Then Hun almost pushed me over the side of the building, and I told her to leave me and save herself-"

"Classic boyfriend," Raph interrupts, losing some interest.

I laugh. "The last thing I remember is cutting myself with that last shuriken and then throwing it in Hun's direction. I'd taken a blow to the head before, and I must have blacked out."

"After you screamed that, I was looking at you and didn't see the shuriken land until it was too late," Donnie went on. "Hun yelled, and then he collapsed on top of me. There was blood all over my face, everywhere. You hit him in the chest, just above his heart."

I gasp, putting my hands to my mouth. My spoon, jarred from my sudden elbow movement, flies from the table.

"Is he going to be okay?" I whisper.

"He'll be fine," Leo says. "They took him to the hospital. It was you we were worried about."

I glance down at my arm, taking in the thick gauze and the cotton bandage wraps.

"You were losing a lot of blood," Donnie says smartly. "That contributed to your dizziness and why you passed out."

"Huh," I mumble, looking back down at my slightly melted bowl of ice cream. I reach for my spoon, but it isn't there.

Donnie snaps his fingers next to my ear. I turn to him, startled, and he presses his lips to mine. We share a deep kiss, lost in the moment.

When he finally lets go, he gives me an adorable little gap-toothed grin.

"Lemme get you another spoon," he whispers.
~