19 | The Art of Kung Fu and Water Balloons

Your PoV

I squeeze the thin plastic of a blue water balloon, honing in on my targets. Donnie and Mikey crouch beside me, peeping out of the kitchen curtain to spy on Leo and Raph, who are chatting just outside.

"Yes," Leo says patiently, "but it's important to keep your back straight so you don't hurt yourself."

"Sensei Jr." Raph grumbles.

Mikey stands up fully, clutching a green balloon in one hand and a bucket of refills in the other. "Now!" he whispers to us, and Donnie and I jump into action.

Mikey throws one from behind the curtain, just missing Raph's head. Both Turtles immediately turn around, and I slam Leo in the face as soon as he does.

They exchange a glance as Leo wipes the water from his face.

"Run!" Raph whispers, and he takes off, Leo stumbling to catch up behind him.

We look at each other, then follow, laughing.

Just as they reach the bedroom hall, Donnie lets two fly, hitting Raph in the shell first and then Leo soon after. Mikey aims for their feet, to make them lose their footing, and I keep going for their faces. I soon find luck, and hit Raph a second later.

Unfortunately for us, they're not easily fooled.

Mikey tries to slam Raph with another, aiming for his shoulder, but his brother catches it and whips it back toward us with a well-toned arm, hitting the side of Mikey's head. He grabs another from the bucket and pitches it at Raph, hitting him this time in the chest.

Leo abruptly ducks forward and steals one of our refill buckets, and throws a few to his teammate. I chuck a yellow one I've been holding at him as he crawls away, hitting his neck. He looks back at me, about to throw one in retaliation, but Donnie comes to my rescue and slams him with an especially full balloon in the stomach, causing him to lose his breath.

Raph is slinging the purged balloons at us without rest, water flying everywhere. We take a few steps back, but they end up chasing us back out into the common room. Raph comes toward me with one of the last ones he has, ready to fling it in my direction, but I think fast and give him a push. He loses his footing on the wet concrete and tumbles into the pool below the dojo, missing his opportunity to slam me with his red balloon.

I look over the side in time to see him resurface, spit out a mouthful of water, and smirk, finally throwing his water balloon at me. From behind, I hear Donnie yell and see him too late; he slips on the ground as well and topples into me, causing us both to land in the pool beside Raph.
~

It wasn't long before we ran out of water balloons. By that time, of course, we were soaked to the bone and freezing cold. Mikey suggested we watch a movie to warm up and wait to dry off. I glance at my phone, realizing that it's ten o'clock, and ask if they have any ice cream in the kitchen.

"Besides Ice Cream Kitty, probably not."Raph answers offhandedly.

"Let's watch Kung Fu Panda," Mikey says excitedly. "Is that okay, (Y/n)?"

I nod, as Donnie leaves for a second to check and make sure there's no ice cream.

"Sorry, Angel," he says as he comes back, "no ice cream."

"After the movie's over, can we take a drive in your awesome Corvette and get some?" I ask hopefully.

Donnie laughs, hugging me as Mikey starts up the movie. "Sure, (Y/n)," he murmurs, playing with my pre-styled hair.

I rest my head against his plastron, smiling. We're cuddling now, watching our first movie as a couple.

Raph rolls his eyes at us, pretending to be annoyed. "Get a room, Lovebirds," he whispers.

I blush, ignoring him. Nobody could ruin this moment for Donnie and me.

The way he's holding me warms me right up, and I'm not cold anymore after a little while. We giggle together as the movie goes on, Jack Black's antics tickling us all. It's over all too soon.

As the credits roll, we hear a loud clanking noise behind us. Donnie glances up from resting his cheek atop my head, locates the sound, and instantly tries to get up.

"Is it the last prank thingy?" I ask sleepily. "Who's in it?"

"Sensei!" Donnie shouts, disentangling himself from our hold. We all get up, seeing Master Splinter a few feet away from the lab, calmly standing in the midst of Donnie's last trap, meant to ensnare his three brothers.

We hurry toward him, Donnie's wish to stop its process, but I think that's precisely what Master Splinter wanted. A string above his head tugged on the handle of a bucket of water, which started to fall from somewhere up in the support beams of the ceiling. As the bucket came down, Splinter caught it with his hands, and while it was still in motion, he turned it around and let it go.

The water splashed all over us instead!

We looked at each other for a moment, and started to laugh. The only problem, of course, was that we were all wet again. Leo, Mikey, and Raph dispatched us to get some ice cream, so Donnie and I toweled off and climbed into his Corvette to go topside. As I was counting the slightly damp money that I'd had in my back pocket, Donnie handed me a ten.

"That's for whatever the guys are making us buy," he whispers, starting up his engine, "and for letting me cuddle with you tonight. That was fun."

"Aww, Donnie! That wasn't a problem," I gush, heat crawling up my face.

Donnie shrugs, pulling up into the streets. "I just.... I don't want you to think I'm awkward or anything. I really like you, (Y/n)."

I feel myself turning completely red. "D-Donnie... I don't know what to say."

"Just take the ten," he reassures me. "And see if they have any jalapeno ice cream with purple jellybeans in it."

Once we've reached the closest Duane Reade, I get out of the Corvette and step onto the pavement, tucking the money into my back pocket again.

"Don't go anywhere," I whisper to my adorable boyfriend. "I'll be right back."
~

Till Death Do We Part (Donatello X Depressed!Reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara