0.7 - Spaces Between Us

Finn's Point of View:

With my heart beating out of my chest and tears swelling in my eyes all I can do is re-read the letter over and over.  I can't stop reading it until I notice something I haven't already seen. 

  35.227087 -80.843127  

Math problem? Why would she have a math problem at the bottom of the letter? She hates math, like more than anything. What the hell, Mills? 

*ring* 

Hey, are you okay Finn? 

No, extremely confused actually....more like broken I guess.

What's going on? 

Everything...just everything...

I'm on my way

Thank you Gaten

Mhmm...

*click*

*time skip: twenty minutes*

"Finn, open the door!" I hear shouted at me from the top of Gaten's lungs. I tug at my sleeve quickly and stand sobbing. I stagger over to the door and unlock it with Gaten, of course, following me into the room. Still bawling into my sleeve I point at the crumbled up note that's on the ground near my desk. I watch his eye go over the paper repeatedly, just as confused as I. 

"Math problem?" He says loudly setting the paper down on the desk. "Why would Millie of all people have a math problem on a letter?!" He continues, "Totally not her!" 

"That's what I thought. I'm so confused Gaten she's just gone, I guess." I say sitting down on the ground wrapping my arms around my legs. 

"It'll be okay Finn. We'll figure this out, I promise." He whispers while wrapping me in his hug. Looking over the letter numerous times and a sudden wave of excitement flashes on his face. 

"Finn, coordinates!" He screams, "It's coordinated to somewhere! Maybe that's where she is?" Running over to my computer he pulls up Google and types in the coordinates. 

"Charlotte, North Carolina!"  He yells leaving the room. 

"So we're just going to fly there on the fly, from here?!" I ask following him out of the room, dazed. 

Turning around and pushing me back a small bit he looks at me dead and the eye and just croaks "If you love her, you'll go to the stars to get her back! Do you care enough?!" 

And with that....we leave. 

-Tori