1.0 - There's No Hope

Finn: 

*trigger warning: swearing. Let's face it next few chapters there will be a lot of that. Sorry*

"So where are we starting: library, lake, school? Where?"Gaten questions while we walk down the road to the store. I shrug my shoulders and step up the pace to the same corner store on Nick's road. I walk in and we grab pre-charged portable chargers, drinks, a backpack, and food. I pay for it all, ignoring that Gaten said he got it.

"I got tomorrow's fucker." He laughs pushing me lightly. I nod and smile for the first time in the past few days. I feel better, for some reason...My brain is calmer today. We walk and talk for what feels like forever until we get to a small little building on the corner of the street with the illegible sign and stop. 

"Is that it? Is that the school?" Gaten asks, looking at me hopefully.  I nod and run up the small hill and run towards the corner to the playset. In this moment, for just a second, I feel joy. I feel like maybe it was going to be this easy and we find her right away. I'm imagining her sitting on the swing set just sitting there and singing to herself. 

Yet, the little voice in the back of my head is screaming at me telling me she isn't. I know it, Gaten knows it, we all know it. She isn't there. There's no hope. 

But we look anyways...

*massive time skip - 6 days later - Thursday*

"Gaten, come on. We have to go look for Millie. I know she's here somewhere so we have to go find her." I chant at Gaten while he puts on his clothes in his room. We've looked for days and days and we're almost being kicked out and ruined by Nick so we have to be fast today. 

"Just meet me at the corner store. I'll be there soon. I'm putting on my shoes. Get me a granola bar, I'll get us lunch later at the diner." He speaks through the door. I laugh and walk down the stairs and hurry down the road to the small corner store. I grab both Gaten and me a granola bar, water bottles and chocolate donuts for breakfast. I finish and pay and he walks in as I'm at the door so we walk off. We go and do what we've done for the past six days, which is just go run around town all day and go to the places she talked about and places that seemed very Millie. 

We've gone to every arcade, every zoo, every mall, every playground. There's barely any places that we haven't looked. We just don't know where to go so we walk around for what feels like forever. We walk up to the "Midnight Diner" and head inside, dead silence. It felt like you could hear a pin drop from a mile away. I hold a two on my fingers toward the blonde women with a soft smile while she leads us to the booth. We sit down, still tongue-tied, and glance over the menus. 

After we order, I lay my head down on the table and just groan, groan in agony knowing I may never actually see Mills again. That scares the ever living fuck out of me because somewhere out there...she is alone and scared. I can't change that no matter how hard I try. 

"Look, I know you don't want to think anymore at this point but has she ever talked about places she liked? Anything is better than nothing." Gaten asks cautiously. He leans with his elbows on the table, hunched over like the unposterized (It's a word now dudes) guy he is and just smiles. It's not a happy smile, nor a sad smile at that...just a kind and genuine smile of nothing but love and concern. 

"There's not much I can think of besides what we've done already.....arcades, libraries, parks. There are not many places after that...she lived here once at an apartment complex....a-an apartment complex. Holy shit!" I stutter and scream while I leave the booth praying Gaten is gonna follow me. 

"Where the hell are we going?" I hear him scream from behind me. 

"She lived in....in these apartments...she had an apartment....in the building c.....she was c4!" I pant while running as fast as my legs can handle. I keep going more, picking up the speed until I see the sign. 

The beautiful glorious sign that reads " Pinehurst Apartments." I continue to run as fast as I can pass each large building looking for the magic letter C. I hear Gaten screaming behind me but I don't care, I just want her. 

"How do you even know she's here." I head faintly. 

I stop. Dead in my tracks. 

"I don't Gaten. That's the thing, she might not be here. But hell, this is the only little slice of hope I have left. I have barely and faith that she's is here but if there is even a chance that she is in there then I'm going to fucking take it. I don't care how stupid I sound. I love Millie and I want nothing more than to hold her in my arms again." I chant. I feel the tears swell up in my eyes and drop to the ground, head in hands. 

Mill's:

"If there is even a chance that she is in there then I'm going to fucking take it. I don't care how stupid I sound. I love Millie and want nothing more than to hold her in my arms again." A familiar voice shouts from outside my window. Tears instantly stream down my face and Maddie walks into my room.

"Is that hi-?" 

"Y-yes. I can't believe he came." I cut her off. I stand up and look out the window and watch Gaten trying to calm him down. My heart breaks and my face drops as Maddie puts her hand on my shoulder. 

"Let's go get him." She says. I hesitate for a second and then nod, we put on our shoes and I try to calm down by drinking some water. 

"Ready?" I question.

Finn

"I n-need her. I just want to talk to her." I plead while my body shakes. I feel both of Gaten's hands on my arms trying to get me to calm down. 

"Shh, Finn it's okay. She might be in there, she really really might be. So get it together and let's go try to find her. You'll see her soon." He whispers, our foreheads touching.

"Or you'll see me now." Someone says softly, sounding like she's been crying. I feel the person grab my arm and turn me around. 

"M-Millie?" I break down. I pull her into a tight embrace and keep holding her. I feel her crying too. "I thought I lost you, Mills. I thought I'd never see you again." 

"I didn't think you'd come to find me. I don't get it." She mutters.

"Don't get what? What do you not understand hun?" I pull away, looking at her for the first time in what feels like forever when really its been a week. 

"I don't get why you came. I'm not worth your time Finn, I'm really not. Why did you come here?" She cries, looking away. 

"Millie Bobby Brown, I love you. I love you more than I could ever describe. You've been the only person in my life that I talk to about everything." Gaten clears his throat, I see Millie's friend hit him, "You've kept me sane in my darkest moments and the thought of losing you hurt so fucking badly. If anything I don't deserve you." I announce. She looks at me for a second and just pulls me in tighter. 

"Thank you for everything. I just had to get away. M-my parents." She starts crying again, "They're making us move to New York. It's not a negotiation. I have to go with them. I c-can't lose you, Finn. I can't."

 "You won't lose me, ever. Millie I'd travel the world to be with you. I would do anything to stay in your life. No matter the distance, you aren't losing me, Millie." I hold her tighter and tighter with every word. 

"What did I do to deserve you Finn Wolfhard." She smiles before grabbing my collar and our lips connect. I put my hands on her waist to pull her in closer. 

"You, Millie Bobby Brown, were yourself and I, Finn Wolfhard, fell in love with you." I smile. 

"And I, Millie Bobby Brown, fell even harder for you, Finn Wolfhard. 

And then I woke up.

------ the end ------

*cough* whoops.