Chapter 2

*Oh geez it's been over a year 0-0*

Garnet's POV...

My aunts looked at me, worry showing in their faces, I continued where I left off, "Mum came in, scared to death and forced Ame-" I choked, even saying her name hurt, "A-amethyst and I into my bedroom. And she told us no matter what, don't come out. Well, he came in bellowin' and then my mother screamed and before I knew it; it went silent. I hid Amy in the closet grabbed my baseball bat, and opened the door to try and save her, but he...he came up behind me and..." Memories flashed in front of my eyes, and soon, warm tears were falling down my face.

My aunt Sapphire stood, walked over to me and cupped my face. She gave me a soft kiss on my forehead and whispered, "It's okay, Garnet, he can't hurt you now." I took a deep breath, "He raped me."

In an instant I saw the fire in Ruby's eyes, "He what?!" She stood up, "Where's that disgusting bastard?!" Sapphire shot her a look, making my aunt groan and sit down, tapping her foot rapidly. I sniffled, "After that, Amy died and I couldn't take it anymore. The beatings, the horrid names, everything finally hit me because I lost my main reason to live and my father didn't help by telling me to kill myself and "do everyone a favor", I used air quotes sort of mocking him and it kinda helped soften the blow of reality. 

A tall, Indian woman came in. She had gorgeous long, black hair that curled wonderfully, and she was dressed in a slimming suit. "Your father said what, dear?" I tilted my head, "I don't wanna be rude, but who...are you?"

"Your agent, Garnet dear, I'm here to help you through this tough time of depression. But, if your father really said for you to do this to yourself, I can save you the trouble of an institution."

Sapphire smiled, "Hey Advika! I'm so happy you could make it!" Ruby and I had the same look of confusion, my aunt smiled and replied, "Garnet, I knew there was no way such a great girl like you would do this by yourself, and I had a funny feeling about your father. So~ I hired my good friend-and fantastic lawyer-Advika!" 

The women smiled at me, "Dear, I'm going to make it where you'll get to live with your aunts until your parole allows you to be an adult. It's much easier, less costly, and in my opinion, better for you."

I gulped, "I-is this that serious?" All three of them looked at me and simultaneously nodded. My heart began to pound, "B-but I'm almost eighteen and I mean I can't go live with my aunts!"

Advika sighed, "Yes; you are almost eighteen but the state says, because of your mental state, you're well-long story short-not ready to be an adult. As for moving, why can't you live with them?"

"I can't leave Pearl. I have to stay here for her, I need her as much as she needs me."

Ruby spoke, "Honey, we're only a state away." I was frustrated, "Still! Long distance doesn't work and I can't lose her too dammit!" I was very angry, and I didn't realize more tears were running. Advika put her hand on my shoulder, "Garnet, we have to go through this for you. Not too mention, doing it this way will put that disgraceful man in prison for life."

I sat down, thinking. This was going to be one of the hardest decisions of my life but I knew what I had to do. My voice shook, "I-I'll live with my aunts."

The woman smiled, "I'm telling you, this is the best decision, and I promise," She took my hands, "You'll get to finally be very happy."