Chapter 3

Garnet's POV...

I laid back, I was so sore still, and now I had a lot to think about. Pearl was going to be heart-broken, but I had to put that bastard in jail for Amethyst. My aunts left the room to go and grab food, I sighed, closing my eyes, wishing that Pearl would come through that door.  "Garnet?" My shot open, I thought my prayer had been answered, but it was my Aunt Sapphire, I smiled anyways, "Yes?"

She came through the door fully, holding a small gray tray, her bright smile glimmering, "I brought you some pancakes and bacon!" The light fluffy, golden stack looked delicious, along with the crispy bacon that had some syrup dripping on to it. My stomach growled, I nodded eagerly.

We both sat in silence as I stuffed my face, I swallowed and asked, "Where's Ruby?" Sapphire rolled her eyes and wiped my cheek, "She's outside blowing off some steam. There's quite a bit going on at the moment , love." I tilted my head, wanting her to explain more, she sat back and took a deep breath, "Well, your mother and..." She grumbled, "I can't even call that fucker a father...Anyways, they're in a lot of trouble, especially with your story. Your mother could be charged with murder and child endangerment, and he could be charged with two counts of murder, molestation of a minor, rape in the first degree, and child abuse." 

"Two counts of murder?"

"Yes, dear, even though you didn't die, because of how close you were to actually...well..." She cleared her throat, "He was reason, therefore, will be charged." 

"Oh..." Was all I could muster, this was too much. I never realized how serious it all was until Sapphire explained it. "Aunt Sapphire...this may be too early to ask, but do you have my phone..?"

To my surprise, she did, she pulled it out of her blue purse and handed it to me, then stood and left to go get Ruby. 

At first I couldn't even make myself unlock it, there was so much to process, but I wanted to text Pearl and see how she was doing.

After sending "hey"  it was almost an immediate reply:

Garnet! Are you okay? What's going on?

I giggled softly, 'She's so caring' , I thought, so I replied, "How early can you come see me?"

This time, five minutes went by before my phone buzzed;

I can come now. My mother said I was allowed to come visit. OMW

I felt a weight lift off my shoulder and excitement filled my chest. Then my aunts returned, Ruby looked exhausted and her face was puffy, proving that she had been crying. But, even in her sad state,  she smiled at me. "How's my girl doing?" Her voice cracked just a little, it made my heart hurt but I kept some joy in my voice, "Much better, especially with both of you here." Flashing the biggest grin I could manage, my aunts giggles and Sapphire awed, then I was bombarded with hugs and a couple of kisses.

Pearl's POV...

Anxiety filled my chest as my mother drove me to the hospital. I had been so worried about her, and the doctor had said something about putting her in a mental institute, and all of that on top of what had happened only Heaven knows what's on her mind! 

I was so focused on my thoughts I didn't even noticed that we had arrived until my mother called my Pearl, "Pearl, we're here. Are you okay, sweetie? You've been quiet the whole ride."

I replied quietly, "Yeah, just...worried." For once my mother was mushy, "Awe, Pearly, your friend will be okay. Here, you go visit, I'll run my errands then we'll go get ice cream, alright?" I smiled, and was the verge of tears, nodding I hugged her tightly from the passenger seat, then left her to to do her things. 

I rushed inside to the front desk to double check the room number then scurried to the elevator. I repeatedly tapped my foot, slowly getting faster as I reached the right floor. Once the door opened, I bolted for room 324, I forgot my manners and barged in to her aunts hugging and kissing her. 

I stopped myself from going any further, I smiled and awed in silence, they were so cute! Garnet saw me, and I saw the brightest happiest look I had ever seen in my life, she stretched passed her aunts and grab the air, indicating she wanted me to join their hug, I blushed, it was too cute for my heart to handle but I walked over to join too.

The hug was so warm and nice, and there was the smell of vanilla in the air. Her aunts and I stood back and looked at Garnet, she had light tears in her eyes and the most beautiful smile on her face. She looked at me directly in the eye, and whispered, "I love you all so much." Then her eyes trailed to her aunts. I couldn't help myself, I hugged her again, this time kissing her big, soft lips. I could feel her salty tears hitting my cheeks, but this time I knew it wasn't because she was sad, it was out of happiness and that made my heart flutter. 

"Garnet," Her Aunt began, she was the shorter one with the afro, "Sapphy and I are going to step out for a bit. We'll let you enjoy some time with your girlfriend alone~" She winked at Garnet, I looked at my girlfriend and saw her embarrassed look. She thanked her aunts and they left, I felt a hand on my chin, then a soft tug pulling me into another kiss. This one just as loving as the last, I shifted so I could face her fully and deepen the kiss, every moment felt so good and I couldn't get enough.

I looked into her eyes, the gorgeous blue and red that made my dreams, I ran my hand up through her poofy hair, then back down tracing the outline of her face. She smiled again and whispered, "Pearl, I adore you. You're everything I could ever want and need, and damn I can never get enough of you. But," Her smile faded, and the happiness glow drained away to the sad look I was familiar with, she look my in the eye, and cupped my cheek, "I'm moving away, Pearl."