Wedding Dress Bliss

"Hey mate, Jean's father is taking us out for a tour of the country side." Chase said barging into Will's room.

Blearily opening one eye, Will grumblingly lifted his head from the soft down pillow he'd bought the second night of staying at the Bennet's. "What?" He asked, not really wanting an answer but asking nonetheless.

"We're leaving in half an hour." Chase settled with before closing the door with a loud slam just to be that much more ornery, grinning as he headed back to his room that was originally Lissa's.

Two minutes later, Will finally left the silence and comfort of the bed. Glancing out the window, he sighed as the sun hadn't even risen yet and apparently they would be heading into the countryside. And here he was thinking they already were in the country side. Well bugger.

~~~

"Oh my god," Lissa muttered as she finger combed her hair because Lindy had taken her brush the other night and still had yet to return it. She had two minutes stat to make it downstairs to meet Shane or it would be a disaster. The disaster being named Mother with hurricane force winds and torrential rain storms that had a high potential for flooding. Her mother sometimes had no tact and Lissa just knew that if her mother found Shane coming to get her, well it would be the awkward ex at the wedding, all pun intended.

Her mother was quite fond of Shane and years later, still thought she and Shane would get back together, get married, provide the parents with care when they grew older and adults dependent on their children, hopefully all in the sanctuary of the town they grew up in. Her mother was very vocal with such thoughts and had no qualms with voicing them to Shane even if he was engaged to another woman.

Jean glanced at her from the mirrored vanity as she finished tying the blue ribbon around her blonde hair as a makeshift headband. "Lissa, use my hairbrush on the dresser. You're tangling your poor hair more so." She added, trying not to laugh when Lissa stopped with a deer in the headlights expression.

Like a contestant on Jeopardy, Lissa jumped to the hairbrush almost as if it were the last buzzer for the money. Jean counted to five, the number of strokes her sister always used when haphazardly brushing her hair.

"Done!" Lissa announced just as Jean smiled because old habits seemed to never die... which actually comforted her with all the changes happening in her life. "Love you, don't let Mom take over and stick it to the boss." Lissa grinned before kissing her sister's head and fleeing.

~~~

Will ran a hand through his wet obsidian hair, preferring to just let it air dry. He had to do his best to keep his face visibly neutral and not wince because Marie was once more practicing the piano before school and it was echoing the bottom floor.

He was almost relieved when the doorbell rang as Marie stopped playing to run and answer it.

"Shane!"

"Shane? Shane Roberts?" Mrs. Bennet cried right after her youngest daughter.

His eyes shot open just as he heard a curse at the top of the stairs. At mid step, Will looked up just to see Lissa Bennet in a pair of jeans and a purple hoodie. Seconds later she was rushing past him, not even glancing at him.

"No I told him to wait in the car!" Lissa muttered to herself as she went to chase her friend, who her mother had led to the kitchen in record time.

Will stared, his brows raised as he could almost follow the line where all the females had disappeared with Shane Roberts. Shaking his head, Will then rubbed his eyes as it was too early for so many females. He was used to just Georgie and she had a whole wing to herself not to mention their house keeping staff were soundless.