Happenstance

Lissa and Jean immediately turned to find the owner of the voice, an apology already on Jean's lips. To Lissa's complete horror, that familiar British accent wasn't just a trick of her mind. To her complete utter horror it was bastard #2 in the flesh!

"Oh Will, are you alright?" A sweet voice asked as a young and slim brunette came into the picture, her soft pale hand reaching towards Will Darcy.

Lissa and Jean immediately ducked down, letting a large family of five take their spot near the front.

"Lissa," Jean whispered as her voice cracked. "I want to go home."

No! Lissa cried internally. The image of a perfect day just spent the two of them crumbled before her eyes. And all because of him, again!

"Please Lissa," Jean said sounding utterly vulnerable.

Lissa withheld her anger at Will Darcy so she didn't accidentally lash out at Jean but! That goddamn bastard! Lissa aggressively maneuvered them away. As Lissa finally got them up the stairs and away from the fountain, she couldn't help it, she stared back at the two godlike beautiful people. How dare he! He just ruined everything and now he had taken his almost criminally young girlfriend to Italy at a time when Jean should have happily been on her honeymoon-rushing Lissa off the phone with giggles and blushes- saying she had to go, so many things to do. That she would call back when she got back home! Frustrated and angry tears started to brim to the surface. Not thinking straight, Lissa took the cap off her camera lens. She took all the knowledge and experience she could muster from three years of softball pitching and threw with all her might.

The camera lens was a little off target, not smacking his cheek as Lissa wished it was her sucker punching him, but it did hit his shoulder, with that, Lissa turned to search for her sister. Seeing how far she was already, Lissa began to run towards the metro they'd just used to get there.

Will Darcy felt a rather good sized object hit his shoulder. He looked down at the ground. It was a camera lens. He looked up to see generally which direction it could have come from. His heart dropped. Dark brown hair blew with the wind behind a retreating woman. Lean legs revealed a very subtle Mediterranean tan that looked awfully familiar. It couldn't be, could it?

Will packed up the lens before he hurriedly made his way through the people. When he did make it out of the crowded area, there was no trace of the running brunette woman.

-!-!-

Lissa angrily stabbed her coconut gelato ice cream with her spoon. Of all the bastards out there, why did William Pompous Darcy have to be the one they ran into. Where were all the old nice not as attractive rich guys? They should be the ones that Jean and Lissa were running into. Weren't they the norm? They'd buy the two of them a glass of wine and insist on taking them to nice dinner, in which the girls would decline sweetly. Those men were harmless... whereas Will Darcy was a snake within the body of a modern day Apollo or maybe Zeus. That girl, as beautiful as she was, didn't look a day over eighteen. She looked like she could walk down the halls of Marie's and Kady school's... well maybe not there but the private all girl's school a mile away from the public high school, for sure. He was a heartless bastard and now disturbing cradle robber. If only his outer appearance matched his inner personality. Why was god so cruel.

Lissa looked up as her door lock turned. A female came into view as the door opened. Bright giant white Jackie O glasses rested on full cheeks. Fuchsia lipstick offset the long elegant facial features to make Elisa look like she stepped out of an Audrey Hepburn film. Her white floral tea dress clung to her body, making her look older than her years. However it was the numerous shopping bags on her arms that made Lissa raise a brow.