Admissions

~~

Lissa didn't know what time it was as she entered the house once more. Every trace of the wedding was gone. Well except for them, they were all still in their outfits from the wedding, not having had enough time to change.

Looking down at herself, she made a face of disgust, just ready to rip the dress off. Before she could though, Marie hesitantly came up to her, looking near tears and fidgeting. "Lissa," she said hesitantly, almost like as if she were walking on eggshells.

Even though Lissa never would admit it, but she wasn't so unlike her mother; she too played favorites when it came to her sisters. Jean was of course, number one, but she was sure Jean was everyone's number one, except maybe Marie's. Even though Jean was the eldest and most definitely the most reliable, the one that Marie had always clung to was Lissa. Marie wasn't as pretty as Lindy, nor was she as brash as Kady, instead she was a little bit of an introvert that relied on her music to show her emotions.

Only Marie wasn't the greatest musician. In fact sometimes it was painful to listen to, but it was what made Marie happy so none of them had the heart to tell her to stop, they just made sure that she got all the practice she could so that some miracle might occur and one day Marie would learn to stay on key. But all of this combined made Marie a bit of the oddball. A musician that couldn't play well... but that was why she and Lissa got along so well. The two of them were the odd ones in the family. At least the two everyone acknowledged as the odd ones, the ones who didn't care what others thought and continued on their day, not caring what people said.

"Marie, it's okay, I'm not going to chew you out." Lissa sighed, knowing that she had turned into the maid of honor from hell for the past few hours, since she got off the phone with jackass one. Not to mention that throughout the day she had been imagining ripping jackass two into shreds, even decapitating him with the large cake knife that had come with the triple layer column cake. The glee she took in the thought of doing so would have horrified their mother, but Lissa had stopped telling her inner thoughts to her mother years ago. "I'm sorry Marie that I yelled at you today. Come here," She apologized before stretching out her arms for a hug.

Letting out a breath, fourteen year old Marie Bennet did just that before she began to finally sob. Everyone had their chance to cry a little that day. Jean of course, their mother, even Lindy and Kady over their loss of a rich brother in law, and their father ended up choking up as he tried to talk to Jean. "Lissa," She cried clutching her sister close to her. "I, I," Marie tried to say but stuttered. "I really liked him," She finally admitted, grief and guilt lacing her words as she shook from her sobs.

When the wedding had come to a close and no groom had appeared, Marie was heartbroken. She had thought that she was going to gain a brother in law, a great one at that. One that loved Jean like no one else and seemed to actually listen to Jean and not try to take advantage of her sweet nature. Also a brother in law who actually joked with Marie, and didn't make fun of her piano skills, instead coming down to sit with her, a laugh on his lips as he helped her play Chopin's basic Chopsticks, something she had been practicing for almost three years but could not quite get until that day. She had never had so much fun or so much support, connecting with Chase on a level that she never had with anyone else, but Lissa. Because he had reached out first, never judging her, never treating her as the youngest Bennet sister, but her own person. Not just a sad shadow of her sisters... that had meant more to her than she could ever admit out loud.

But then he had gone and left, leaving her eldest sister broken hearted, and the youngest devastated that all adults were the same. Untrustworthy. They said so many things, promised all these great things then they would forget all about her. She couldn't even count on her fingers how often times she had piano recitals, violin lessons, and yet her mother would forget to come because Lindy had cheer practice, Kady had a fashion emergency... so an hour after all the kids and their parents left, Marie was still sitting outside in her second hand dress, one that was a little too loose because she unlike her two older sisters had not developed at all. Fighting back tears at being forgotten, again.