Chapter 18: Kaito Kid's Miraculous Midair walk Part 1

~In front of Beika Museum~

It's 7 o'clock before an hour of the time Kid announced he'll show up. A lot of people were on the road and in front of the museum. The TV interview casts were already ready to capture Kid's magic which all loves. Well not all, Jirokichi is in the museum with Inspector Nakamori, Kogoro, Conan and Y/N.

"Wait, Suzuki-san, you know Kid can easily steal that if it's showing in the air. He could just use his glider." Kogoro said.

"No, that won't happen. You see, There's a lot of helicopters outside, he can't use his glider if the choppers are changing the air's current around him." Jirokichi laughed after that.

'This old man's really nuts about Kid.' Y/N and Conan thought the same thing and had wry smiles on their faces.

"Instead of that, we have to know what he meant by walking into here. It'll be impossible for him to walk here on ground. All of my men are surrounding the museum." Nakamori said putting a hand onto his chin.

'If I could just figure out what he meant. Tch, what does he mean by that!' Y/N thought deeply.

"Besides we have a trap set up if he's able to get near, I'll activate this," Jirokichi said and took out a small remote and clicked it.

Within seconds a contraption was heard and the Statue outside holding the Blue wonder was replaces by a fake one. He clicked the remote again and the real statue was outside again.

"Hm, I see that can help hinder his plans," Kogoro said.

"Ne, Ojii-san, if no ones allowed inside how can you do that without being here," Conan asked cutely. Y/N can't help but snicker quietly.

The old man turned to him, "This Ojii-san can do that by staying in a van with the others who also has a switch for it." Jirokichi grinned happily.

In a few minutes, Jirokichi shrieked, "Everyone don't move." Jirokichi warned.

"Wha-what's wrong?!" Kogoro asked panicking.

"Just don't move." Jirokichi looked on the ground searching for something. Suddenly Lupin, his dog went to Kogoro's left leg and bit his pants.

"Ah, there it is. Good job Lupin." Jirokichi picked up something.

"Contacts?" Y/N let out.

"You see, I'm already old and with this age, my eyesight gets poorer. So I wear this to see clearly and if Kogoro-san here stepped on it. I wouldn't be able to fight with Kid tonight." Jirokichi said and sighed.

'You don't act and look that old to me.' Y/N thought and sweatdropped.

The group went out of the building and to the black van with a lot of screens showing places from the camera's attached on the choppers.

Kogoro took Conan away to follow his daughter with Sonoko to the right building.

Y/N looked at the time and saw that there are only 3 minutes before Kid appears. 'Now Kid, show us what'll you do tonight.' Y/N thought to herself.

After two minutes and a half, the people outside were doing a count down till the clock reaches 8.

Only ten seconds left before Kid shows up, Y/N, Conan, and Jirokichi are waiting for Kid to appear and show what trick his up in his sleeves.

"FIVE, FOUR, THREE, TWO, ONE!!!!"

When the countdown reached to an end, a large white smoke appeared on top between the buildings. The crowd roared in loud cheers and squeals.

The smoke vanished and Kaito Kid appeared in midair standing. One of the choppers spotlighted him making everyone see Kaito Kid.

The people on the ground awed.

"Woah, he's, he's standing in midair." A guy in the red coat yelled.

"Ah, Kaito-sama's so cool!" One of the girls in the crowd squealed loudly and everyone cheered louder than before.

~on the rooftop building where Conan is~

Sonoko squealed, "KAITO- SAMA!!! I'M HERE." Sonoko shouted waving her hand.

Y/N suddenly opened the door where Conan and the others are. Y/N stood beside Conan and looked at Kid.

"Conan, can you see any strings attached on him?" Y/N asked.

"No, I think there's none but that's impossible," Conan said disbelievingly.

"Ah. Should we go to the other building and check if something's there?" Y/N asked and Conan nodded.

Before Y/N leave the rooftop she saw some scratch marks on the corner of the side wall.

'Hm, what is that?!' Y/n thought, hurrying next to Conan.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN" Kid said and the whole crowd cheered.

"I WILL FEAST YOUR EYES FROM THE MIRACLE I'VE WROUGHT." Kid said and slowly stepped and continued. Footsteps can be heard and everyone awed.

Conan and Y/N were on top of the opposite building from before. They saw Kid walk in midair.

"I-impossible, he, he's walking in midair." Y/N said with a shocked tone and regained her calm self after a few minutes.

"Y/N, let's start looking," Conan said and the two started looking for clues.

Y/N saw a scratch mark again on the corner of one of the side walls. 'Hm, why is there also a mark here?.' Y/N thought and pointed out to Conan what she saw.

"Ah, I also saw one of those in the other building. But what is it for?." Conan said.

~Surveillance van~

"Sir, Kid's walking in mid-air and is headed to the statue." Staff 1 reported.

"Impossible! Chopper 9, do you see some strings attached on Kid?" Jirokochi talked through the speaker.

"Sir, we don't see anything attached to him. Chopper seven's above him, you can check the footage from their, Sir."

Jirokichi did and saw chopper seven's footage. Kid was really walking in midair.

"This is impossible, too impossible," Jirokichi said shocked.

"Sir, he's almost near the statue. Should we activate the trap, sir?" Staff 2 said.

Jirokichi just nodded.

"Activation of the contraption, successful. The original is inside the museum safe." Staff 3 said.

~outside Beika Museum~

Kid saw the statue being switched as he walks towards. Seconds the statue was replaced by a fake one.

'Looks like I should end this here for now' Kid thought and stopped.

"EVERYONE,I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE PREVIEW I SHOWED FOR TONIGHT." Kid said and smoke appeared.

Afterward, a card attached in a little white parachute appeared. Nakamori went and took the card to his hands and read aloud the message.

" 'Tomorrow at night, the same time. I'll come back to steal the blue wonder. Kaito Kid.' " Nakamori hissed after and stormed off.

~on top of the left building~

Conan and Y/N stared down seeing the police gather and ready to move out.

'What's behind this trick he just showed!' Y/N thought.

"Tch." Y/N bit her lip.