Chapter 52: Discord

~Kuroba Residence~

Kaito wakes up hearing his alarm clock ring and sighs, reaching for it to turn it off. He sits up and touches his head feeling it ache a little. He looks beside him when he felt someone move near him and sees Y/n sleeping soundly, he smiles. 'Guess, I was too rough at her last night.' He chuckles and gets out of bed.

"I better get everything ready for school and I'm responsible for her so I can't slack off." He takes one last look at Y/n and smiles before leaving the room.

After a while, Y/n stretches her arm sideways to feel if Kaito was still there. She blinks for a minute before adjusting her eyesight and looks around the room. "He's not here?" Just then, her nose picks up the smell of bacons. 'Wait, he's cooking?' She quickly reaches for her shirt and goes down the stairs. Her jaw dropped seeing Kaito at the kitchen preparing breakfast.

"Y-you're cooking?" Y/n points at him in disbelief.

Kaito turns to look at her and gave her an irritated smiled. "Of course, you thought I can't?"

"Doesn't Aoko cook your food every day?" Y/n looking at him in confusion sits down at the dining table.

"There are times she doesn't so it's either I order take out or cook for myself." Kaito turns of the stove and puts the food on the table. He sits across Y/n and places eggs and bacon on her plate. "Eat." He says and clasps his hands together before digging in. Y/n repeats the same action and stares at her plate and reaches for a grilled fish, seasoned dried seaweeds and a cup of steamed rice before eating.

"Don't you hate fish?" Kaito stops munching and looks at her questioningly.

"I do, why?" He watches as Y/n points at the grilled salmon before looking back at Y/n again.

"I'm surprised that you were able to stay calm while cooking this." She continues eating and hears Kaito choke. "You... didn't realize you were cooking that weren't you?" Y/n scowls at him.

He laughs nervously, "I-I wonder." He eats carefully as he stares at the grilled salmon. 'I didn't even notice.'

"I know that it's still morning but what's gotten into you last night?" Y/n asks as she munches on her bacon.

"Oh, that." Kaito smiles wryly.

"You better tell me why or I'll get mad at you. My body's aching all over, I don't even know if I could walk on campus later." She looks at Kaito and catches a bit on her eyes the pout he made.

"I was jealous because of the doctor." He says and quickly drinks his milk.

"I see." She says and continues digging in.

~At Ekoda High School entrance~

Kaito walked closely beside Y/n assisting her as they walked peacefully in the campus until they heard their names being called behind them. They turn around and sees Aoko running towards them with Hakuba and Akako walking behind. Y/n greets Aoko when she stopped in front of them.

"Good morning Y/n and Kaito-kun." Aoko smiles after she catches her breath. Hakuba and Akako catches up and they greeted one another. They continued walking towards the building while chatting about their weekend and changes their shoes when they were inside. On their way to the room, Aoko notices how Kaito was too close at Y/n and got curious.

"Ne, Y/n. Why is Kaito too close at you?" Aoko asks making the two shiver all over for a second. Y/n smiles wryly at her before looking at Kaito and to Aoko again.

"Y-you see, I still feel weak from my injury so... he's assisting me." Aoko stared at Y/n for minutes and smiled at her after. She goes at Y/n's right side and wraps an arm on hers and pulls her away from Kaito.