Chapter 1: Transported

I walked into my room after a long day at school.

When I collapsed on my bed, I let out a long sigh relief. I let my thoughts run through my mind before I closed my eyes to get some shut eye.

Somehow, I just couldn't get any sleep. I felt drained from my head to my toes but I just couldn't drift off. I got up from the bed and stared at the full body mirror for a while. Then I realized... That mirror wasn't there before.

I decided to inspect it with the little energy I had left. It looked like one of those antique mirrors or like something you would find in a castle. It matched my room quite nicely because my Mom loved to collect antique objects while she was travelling.

That made me come to conclusion that she bought it as a late present for my birthday. I've been bugging her for the past few months to buy me a mirror and it was just what I wanted. I made a mental note to thank her when she calls.

I ran my hand through the professionally crafted wooden frame of the mirror. It had the initials S.J written on it. That was probably the intials of the previous owner. I wonder who it was. Since it seemed pretty old, it probably dated back to a historical era. Maybe it belonged to a queen or a princess once? Maybe a rich lady from the American or French revolution.

The possibilities were endless. I smiled at the thought that it perhaps went through alot and now it belonged to me. A beautiful work of art. Whoever crafted it did a marvellous job.

I ran my hand through the glass which held my reflection. Somehow, I looked rather glowing in it. I looked better than usual and it made me admire myself. I could only chuckle at my thoughts.

As I ran my hand through it once more, I felt the glass turn into liquid. When I inspected closer, the glass seemed to ripple under my touch.

I stepped back in shock. I stood there paralyzed for a few minutes before touching it again. It rippled once more like I was touching water.

I shook my head in disbelief. That couldn't have happened. Impossible. What was going on? I didn't believe it. Maybe I was just lacking sleep that I was already hallucinating. Yes, that was it.

I sat on my bed as I stared at the mirror. It was all just a hallucination. Nothing but an illusion of my mind. It would all go away if I went to sleep. Yes...

I collapsed on my bed once again and this time, I was finally able to rest.

~*~

"Sierra..."

I shifted from my position on my bed at the sound of someone calling my name.

"Sierra!"

I gasped as I bolted awake. It was as if someone yelled my name in my ear but when I looked around, no one was there. The voice sounded unfamiliar too.

I checked the time on my phone and it was already exactly midnight. Just like before, I couldn't go back to sleep. I decided to check the mirror once again since I was more sane.

I crept closer to the mirror and touched the glass. Hard and cold. Like I suspected, I was just hallucinating. I turned back to go bed but I heard a voice once again.

"Sierra..."

This time I was sure that it came from the mirror. I slowly turned to face it but before I could, I was suddenly pulled into the mirror by a force.

When I opened my eyes, I was in a forest. I rubbed my eyes in disbelief but when I realized that I was still in the forest, that's when I started to panic.

"Wha... How... I.." I muttered to myself as I looked around.

Was I really going crazy? What's going on?

Tears formed in my eyes as I watched the sun set down the horizon. The air was cold and the wind swept through me. Fireflies emerged from trees and lit up the whole forest. It was so peaceful. I was actually getting used to the environment when I suddenly heard a rumble coming from the distance.

I heard trees falling over and birds letting out their cries as they evacuated their homes. Panic settled into my heart once again. I ran away from the scene but then I was grabbed and pulled into a small cave.

I was about to scream but a hand clasped over my mouth. We waited for a few moments inside the cave until the sound was gone. I was almost relieved but two big feet appeared infront of the cave.

I gasped behind the hand, still unaware of who the person behind me was. The creature infront of us peeked into the cave. It looked like a big monkey with horns and a pig's nose.

We sat still as it looked at us but then it tried to grab us and that's when my captor lept into action. The person who helped me was wearing a cloak with a hood. The hooded figure ran out of the cave with a bow and arrows.

I closed my eyes, afraid of what was happening infront of me. Soon after, the big creature collapsed infront of the cave. The hooded figure crawled into the cave once again and pulled the hood off.

A girl with dark blue hair and grey eyes stared at me. She looked so beautiful. Her hair was like the night sky and her eyes were like the stars.

She grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the cave. "We must hurry. It's not going to stay down for long."

I nodded and followed her. I mean what other choice did I have? It seemed like she knew about this forest alot so I had to trust her.

We stopped infront of a huge tree. It had a tree house on top of it and there was a rope ladder leading to the top.

"You go first." She said, gesturing for me to climb the ladder. I nodded slowly and climbed to the top. Soon, she got to the top as well.

"Thank you so much for saving me! My name is-"

"Sierra," She said, cutting me off. "I know."

I tilted my head in question. "How?"

"It's in the prophecy." She stated.

"Prophecy? What prophecy?" I asked.

She avoided my question by walking into the tree house. I followed her, thoroughly confused and curious.

"What do you mean by-"

"My name's Kenisha." She said, cutting me off once again.

I decided not to push the topic even though I was dying of curiosity. She saved my butt after all and I didn't want to push her buttons.

I turned to go back outside but two guys emerged from tree house's door.

"Are you Sierra?" The younger looking one with white hair asked.

I nodded in response.

"Come with me." He said as he grabbed my hand lead me away.