Chapter 5: The Attack

"My name is Aquiver." My trainer said, introducing himself. He was a tall guy with red hair. He seemed older than me by a few years.

"I'm Sierra." I said.

"So Sierra, what's your ability?" He asked.

I got nervous at his question. I didn't know the answer to that.

"You still don't know?" He asked.

I nodded in response, not able to say anything.

"Let's train you for combat while you're still discovering your ability, does that sound okay with you?"

I nodded and we started our training. We did warm ups then slow kicks and punches.

"Sierra, attack moves require speed and strength. If you have speed but no strenght then the move would not be effective. If you have strength but no speed, then the opponent would likely be able to predict your move and defend himself before you're even able to finish the attack." Aquiver explained while he was demonstrating a move.

I nodded, letting the information sink into my head.

~*~

After a long shower and a few hours of rest, it was already time for lunch.

We sat around the dining table with Queen Marcy and King Chylle who I only met during our quick breakfast just now.

"I'm so tired." I groaned.

Aya rested her head on the table. "Same here."

"Stop whining." Zion muttered under his breath.

I shot him a glare. Did he have to comment at everything I said or did?

"So you know all our abilities now?" Ally asked.

I nodded. "I already knew that Shaine's a soarer, Keni's an archer, You're a healer Ally, Aya's a teleporter and um... I know what the others abilities are but I don't know what you're called."

The people of the castle were setting up the food infront of us as we were talking.

"I'm a swordsman." Zion stated.

"I'm what they call an archiver." Allister said.

"I'm a darkness manipulator." Haruo mumbled softly. Thankfully, I was able to hear it.

"And I'm an assassin." Raymond said.

I suddenly remembered what I saw just now. "By the way, Raymond, why were your knives glowing?"

He rubbed the back of his neck like he was formulating an answer. "Uh well, the weapons I touch produce poison so when they glow, you'll know that it has poison."

I nodded, amazed. That was really deadly.

While we were eating, King Chylle started a conversation. "Sierra, what's your ability?"

I looked down at my food. Everyone was anticipating my answer but I didn't have an answer.

"She still has to find out, Dear." Queen Marcy said.

I was thankful for the save.

"You still don't know?" Aya asked beside me in the form of a whisper.

I shook my head slightly.

"That's okay!" She said before she took another bite of her food.

I was enjoying lunch, not only because of the great food but because of the great company. Everyone was fun to talk with. It was like I knew all of them for a long time.

Just then, a person burst through the door of the dining hall. "Queen Marcy, King Chylle! The students... The- they..." The person was saying, out of breath.

King Chylle rushed over to the person along with Zion and Allister.

"What is it?" Zion asked.

"The students at the School of Aerondovia are being attacked!" The person exclaimed.

We all gasped. That sounded so bad. So so bad.

Zion and Alli left first with Raymond and Haruo.

"Ally, you stay here with Queen Marcy." The man in the suit I saw on my first day here said.

"No Sebastian, they need me." Ally stated and ran towards the front doors of the castle.

Keni and Aya followed her. I stood in shock. Suddenly, someone grabbed my shoulders and I was lifted off the ground. I looked up to see Shaine flying me towards the entrance. There were horses waiting for us there.

"I'll go ahead first and try to evacuate as much students as I can." Aya said.

We all nodded before she teleported away. Shaine flew after her. I got on a horse with Keni while Ally was on another horse.

The school wasn't far away. When we got there, Aya and Shaine were helping wounded students out of the school. Ally leapt from her horse and rushed towards the wounded. Huge explosions were happening at the back of the school.

I ran with Keni to the back where students were running away. I saw what was attacking them. The creatures looked like those that attacked me in the forest.

Zion was attacking one of them, Raymond was throwing poisonous knives at another and one more was trying to block Haruo's black flames.

Some students were attacking the creatures with items that contained power like a staff that emitted fire, a whip that produced ice and other things.

Everything was going well when all of a sudden, the students' weapons stopped working. All at once, they stopped.

Shock settled into me when I saw one of the creatures run towards a girl. I ran towards her as well and grabbed her as I closed my eyes, ready for impact. I put my hand out to the creature and yelled, "Stop!"

The creature didn't hit us. When I opened my eyes, there was a huge rock wall infront of us. Right after I told her to run away, the rock was shattered to the ground at the impact of a hit from the creature.

Maybe... That was my ability. I held my hand out towards a tree. The tree uprooted itself. I pulled the tree towards me with a gesture of my hand and it hit the creature that was infront of me. The creature fell unconscious.

I was shocked at my ability. I did that? I was able to knock one of them out?

When I looked at my surroundings, all the creatures were already out cold. Zion and the others were looking at me. Keni and Alli shot me a smile of triumph.

I finally found my own power and I was amazed.

***

Picture in the multimedia is how I imagine Aya in anime/real life