Chapter 3: The Guardian of the Looking Glass

Everyone in the room looked at me. I already knew that I wasn't supposed to be here. Zion didn't have to rub it in my face.

"I mean-"

"He means..." Allister said, cutting Zion off. Zion looked like he was about to say something but Alli gave him a look which made him shut up.

"You're a year early, Sierra." Alli said.

"What do you mean?" I asked in a soft voice.

"You were supposed to arrive here after you and Zion turn eighteen like the prophecy said but you're a year early."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "I still don't get you."

They all looked at eachother, probably thinking of a way to make me understand.

"Sierra, we're the Celestial Mages." Aya said.

What was that supposed to mean?

"That means we each represent a planet and you... You're the lost Celestial Mage. You represent Pluto." Keni informed.

"Please continue." I said softly because I still couldn't process what was going on.

"A Celestial Mage is someone who protects the kingdom. Every generation, there are new Celestial Mages. We each have our own unique abilities." Ally explained.

"In every generation of Celestial Mages, there is a war that breaks out between this Kingdom and the Dark Kingdom below us. Every generation tries to win it. As the prophecy said, we might be the one to stop the eternity of war." Shaine added.

"What do I have to do with all this? Why am I here?" I asked.

"You still don't get it?" Zion asked impatiently.

Alli glared at him once again and Zion sighed before saying, "Look, when the Celestial Mages are complete, that's when the war begins. Sierra, you and I were born on the same day. You were only supposed to appear when we turn eighteen which gave us another year to prepare but you showed up too early."

I had one question going through my mind. "Why was I in another world to begin with?"

"The lost mage is always placed in the other world. That person becomes the Guardian of the looking glass." Zion stated.

"The mirror?"

He nodded. "Yes, the mirror. When the last mage steps into our world, the Dark Kingdom prepares for war."

That didn't sound good at all.

The lights suddenly went off and in a second, it went back on. When it did, I noticed a guy was already sitting at the empty chair.

"Haruo!" Aya exclaimed happily.

Haruo looked at her then looked away. Aya chuckled like she was already used to him being that way.

"Why do you always need to have a dramatic entrance?" Raymond asked.

"Why do you care?" Haruo replied.

"Enough," Zion said. "Since we're complete and the war is about to happen soon, we have to start serious training. Be at the field by sunrise, everyone. Meeting dismissed."

Shaine flew up from her chair. "I'll race you to our room, Keni."

Keni stood up and smiled. "It is on."

The two of them rushed out of the room and down the hall. Alli laughed and followed the two. Raymond put on a half mask and ran out as well. The lights flickered and Haruo disappeared.

"You girls show Sierra to her room." Zion muttered before he left.

Aya grabbed my hand and led me up the stairs. Ally followed us from behind. We stopped at a room that was on the third floor in the left wing of the castle.

"This is our room!" Aya said as she opened the door.

The room was huge. It's walls were light purple with gold decorations around them. The two queen sized beds were maroon and so was the carpet that was on the entire floor. There was a chandelier hanging from the center of the room and there was a desk where a few books were neatly arranged on it.

I noticed that there were two doors in the room. I walked over to the first one which revealed a simple bathroom with a big bathtub. When I opened the other door that was located at the other side of the room, I found out that it was a walk-in closet.

Inside the closet were different types of dresses, gowns, doll shoes, heals, and other accessories. All of it was arranged in color code. There was also a big mirror at the middle of the room and a make up station.

"Woah..." I whispered.

"I know right." Aya, out of nowhere, said and appeared beside me once again which caused me to yelp.

Ally laughed. "Aya, stop scaring her."

"Oh Ally, who are you rooming with?" I asked when I recalled that Keni and Shaine were rooming together.

"I have my own room so no one." She said with a chuckle.

"Why is that?"

Aya chuckled as well. "She's the Princess, silly."

My eyes widened. "Oh oh my gosh. I'm sorry I didn't realize! You're Zion and Allister's sister."

She put a hand on my shoulder and grinned. "It's okay!"

We sat on Aya's bed and they listened to me talk about my life on the other world. About how I go to school everyday, which they don't because they mostly train everyday and learn only 3 times a week. I also found out that Aya, Raymond and Shaine have been living in the castle since they were children. Keni and Haruo only moved in recently. Keni didn't always live in the palace since she liked going back to her tree house in the forest. Raymond and Haruo worked with the military of the kingdom as apprentices for additional training.

"What was that you said about us having our own unique abilities?" I asked Ally.

"Ah well, the others, you've already seen like Shaine. We call her the Soarer because she can fly." Ally said.

I nodded. "Keni is good with the bow and arrow."

"Yes she's the Archer." Aya stated.

"Aya how do you appear and disappear so fast?" I asked.

She smiled. "I'm what they call the Teleporter."

"What about you, Ally? And the others?" I asked again.

"You'll find out the rest tomorrow." Another voice said inside the room.

We turned to look at the open door and there stood a woman. She looked dazzling. She was wearing a gown and a crown.

"Hi Mom." Ally greeted and got up from the bed to walk towards her.

"Sierra, it's nice to meet you." The Queen said, greeting me.

I stood up and bowed politely. "It's nice to meet you too."

"My name is Queen Marcy." She informed me.

I smiled and nodded.

"There's someone who wants to talk to you, Sierra." Queen Marcy said just before she stepped aside, revealing a familiar person.

I gasped. "Mom?"

***

Picture in multimedia is how I imagine Zion in anime/real life.