Chapter 10: The Fantastic Creatures

I woke up to someone shaking me. "Sierra! Wake up!"

I opened my eyes to see Aya. "King Val said he's going to show us something special today. I'm so excited."

I nodded and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. I was about to sit up but the memories of the previous night flooded into my mind. The butterfly dome, the confrontation and... The bathroom scene.

"You're turning red, Sier. Did something happen?" Aya asked.

I shook my head. Aya stared at me and smirked. "Something did."

Ally walked into the room. When she saw me, she laughed. "You remember what happened last night?" She asked.

Aya put her hands on her hips and looked between Ally and me with a pout.

"Did something happen?" She asked again.

"Sierra walked in on Allister taking a bath." Ally explained in between laughs.

Aya's eyes widened before she broke into fits of laughter. "Oh my gosh!"

I frowned and threw my pillows towards Aya. She was able to teleport away before they hit her.

I mentally groaned. Why did Ally have to say that? It was so embarrassing!

"Well, we better get ready. Keni and Shaine are already downstairs." Aya said and teleported into the bathroom.

I got up from my bed. After I fixed it, I looked for some clothes in the closet. Once that was done, I sat beside Ally on Aya's bed. She was reading a letter.

"Hey, how was your conversation with Raymond?" I asked.

She smiled and hugged me. I was taken by surprise but I hugged back.

"Thank you so much Sierra." She whispered.

I smiled and rubbed her back. "No problem, Ally."

When we were all prepared to face the day ahead of us, we headed downstairs where the others were waiting. King Val brought us into an underground part of the castle. We walked down spiral stairs that were lit up by torches. Guards were stationed outside big, metal doors. The King gestured for them to open it and so they did.

"We have special creatures in here for you." King Val said as the guards were slowly opening the doors. "We raised them to help for the war."

The doors opened to reveal a huge artificial field. It was even bigger than greenhouse. There were trees surrounding the place too. I couldn't even see the field's edge.

"How big is this thing?" Zion asked.

"This is under the whole kingdom of Laurindale." King Val said.

Woah. That's huge.

"What are we supposed to see here?" Ally asked.

An assistant of the King blew a whistle. It made an ear ringing sound but it wasn't too loud. Soon after, we heard rumbling in the distance. There were flapping of wings and a loud roar. We had to cover our ears from the sound.

Two dragons emerged from the distance. One was red and the other was black. They landed infront of us. We stared at them in awe.

"I thought dragons don't exist." Shaine whispered.

"They do. We just hide them." King Val said. He pointed towards the red one then to the black one. "This is Virgo and Leo."

"Can they breathe fire?" Allister asked excitedly.

"Virgo breathe's fire and Leo breathe's ice." The King said.

"Can we see them do it?" Aya asked.

King Val shook his head and chuckled. "Not now but you'll be able to."

"Has anyone seen my bow?" Keni announced.

We all shook our heads. She looked frustrated so we helped her look around.

"Is this it?" Raymond asked while pointing towards a mud pit. The tip of Keni's bow was sticking out.

Keni groaned. "How did it get there?"

"It must've been blown away when the dragons landed." I said.

I raised my hand and aimed it towards the bow. I tried pulling it out of the mud pit but it wouldn't budge. I pulled harder and that's when I heard a crack. The bow flew out of the mud pit but it was broken into two halves, only connected by the string.

"No!" Keni exclaimed. She was about to cry.

That bow must've meant alot to her. I felt so guilty. The others were looking at me like I was dead meat. I had to fix it. I felt like I could fix it.

With my hand still raised and the bow in mid air, I closed my hand to form a fist.

"I have to fix this. I have to fix this." I kept repeating in my mind.

All of a sudden, the bow glowed. When the light died down, it was back to its original form. It even looked brand new. I moved it towards Keni who caught it in her arms.

"You fixed it." Shaine whispered in amazement.

"That was awesome." Aya added.

"I'm sorry." I said softly.

Keni rushed over to me and hugged me. "It's okay. You were only trying to help."

I smiled at her. I was so glad that I was able to fix it, but I was more glad that I discovered a level up to ny ability.

~*~

Shaine was telling us a funny story that Alli told her once but then we heard a knock on the door.

Zion entered the room, along with Haruo.

"What are you doing here?" Ally asked.

"Zion just dragged me along with him." Haruo said.

"Mom called us back to the castle." Zion explained to Ally.

"Why?" Aya asked.

"It's almost that quarterly time again." Zion said.

Understanding sank into them even though I didn't know what was going on.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

Ally smiled at me. "It's the time we recharge our powers. We turn into our celestial forms. It feels great, I love it."

I was still confused. Celestial forms?

"It's kinda hard to explain but you'll see it so there's no need to worry about that." Shaine added.

Keni jumped into the conversation. "Isn't it going to be dangerous since we're already on our toes? We'll be really vulnerable. We can't use our powers when we're like that."

Zion nodded. "Yes but the castle will be heavily guarded. I'm sure nothing bad will happen."

"Don't jinx it!" Aya exclaimed. "Now I feel like something bad will happen."

I had to agree with her.