Chapter 12: The Second Attack

"Ahhh!" Ally screamed when it happened. Allister pulled her into a hug and held onto her protectively.

"Oh my god!" Aya exclaimed.

All I could do was gasp. We looked around us and not a single guard was left standing. I heard Zion curse under his breath. Haruo turned into a shadow and went to inspect the forest near the field. Raymond gripped onto a knife from his pocket and followed him.

Shaine clung to Keni who was aiming her bow and arrow into the distance for safe measure.

Zion walked towards a guard and inspected the body. He pulled out a needle from the guard's neck "They've been poisoned." He muttered.

"Are they going to die?" I asked.

"I don't think so..." Zion trailed off and sniffed the needle. "It's not too strong. Ally might be able to heal some of them."

"There's too many. She'll drain herself." Allister complained.

"I have to do this." Ally said. Allister nodded and stepped aside to make way for her.

Haruo and Raymond came back after a few minutes. "Nothing." They chimed in unison.

"You didn't find anything?" Zion asked. They both nodded.

"I don't understand. How could they knock out all the guards and leave so fast?" Raymond asked as we watched Ally gather water from a pond nearby and turn it into a mixture.

"It doesn't make sense." I muttered.

"How did they know that today was our celestial circle period? How did they know when to attack?" Allister asked.

"I'm not sure but my conclusion is they tried to attack us before we turned back but failed. Didn't you guys realize that our transformation only happened in a short period of time?" Haruo concluded and honestly, that was the first time I heard him say alot.

It did feel short, even for me.

"Our bodies must've felt the threat and stopped the procedure." Aya added.

At this point, Ally was almost done with three-fourths of the guards. Shaine was able to fly some of the bodies into the castle. I would've helped since I could levitate stuff but I was afraid that I would drop a body in mid-air. A few other guards ran outside and helped carry the unconscious ones inside.

"It's not safe out here. We should get inside." Alli suggested once Ally and Shaine were done.

Sebastian suddenly came running outside to meet us.

"Did you see what happened out here?" Zion asked him.

"I was only informed now because we were too busy handling the situation inside the castle." Sebastian said, out of breath.

Zion's eyebrows furrowed in question. "What do you mean?"

"Your parents, the King and Queen, they've gone missing." Sebastion explained.

Oh no.

~*~

It's been hours but we were still searching around the castle. I decided to check one place I knew existed but haven't seen.

"Zion!" I called out to him when I saw him in the hallway.

"What is it?" He asked, rushing over to me.

"Have you checked the underground dungeons or something?" I asked back.

He raised an eyebrow. "Do we even have those?"