Chapter 8

Bruce's Pov
After Ally came back, she was covered in bruises. She had a black eye, and three broken ribs, not to even bring up the gun shot wound. Yet, she patched herself up, like a pro.

I found her later that night on the roof, smoking some weed.

'What are you doing?' I ask her...
'Smoking my troubles away, what else.' Was her sarcastic, yet legit answer.
'You are your father's kid. But what problems do you have?' I ask, a little harsher than I meant to.
'Nothing I'm not used to, just a bit stressful. Have someone trying to kill me, again. You'd think they learn.'
'Huh, again?!?'
'Oh, yah, been kidnapped, shot stabbed, whipped, tortured, burned, I'm suprised I'm still alive and sane.'
'How are you alive?'
'Experiments. I'm only telling you this, because you did not look me up like the rest did. Please dot tell them yet, I will, when they stop their search.'
'Understand that, I won't tell a anyone, I promise. What is your job, what did the experiments do? How does shield not know?'
'I'm not gonna tell you my job, but SHIELD doesn't know because they aren't as good as they say they are. They don't have anything on me. The experiments made it impossible for me to die or get hurt, fell pain, nothing. Which sort of sucks. On the bright side, at least you don't need to worry about accidently killing me, do ya?'
'Guess not, thanks for that enlightenment.'
'No problem, I figured you have enough stress, might as well try to lessen it.'
'Nope, now I do. Why are you telling me all of this, why not your father?'
'Well, you didn't look me up, he did, you aren't gonna try to experiment on me, without consent, he might. Plus, I trust you more than him.'
'Well, I'm going to bed, goodnight Bruce.'
'Goodnight Ally.'

Once Ally left, I felt a bit lonely. I think I'm developing feelings for the girl. I don't even now her birthday! Wow, I've got a lot of thinking to do. I wonder why she doesn't trust Tony.