2.2

Alex

*friday night

"You look hot." Emma said coming into my room. I was wearing light blue jeans with a cute red pullover, and my hair was straightened. I wanted to look nice but I also didn't want to over do it. I barely talked to Justin after the whole "Friday night" date thing, but I decided to text him luck anyways.

Knock em dead tiger

I was going to meet Ethan at the movies and then he'd drive me home after, Emma was taking me now.

"Are you nervous?"

"Yeah I've literally dreamt of dating him since the first day I saw him. I never thought it'd actually happen."

"Well it is!"

"I hope it's not awkward." I said beginning to get a bit hesitant.

"No girl you'll be fine." Emma assured.

You too

Justin's message came in and I smiled. Okay I'm ready.

Emma then dropped me off at the theater and I saw Ethan standing in the front already with tickets. I walked over to him with a smile, "Hey, I didn't know you were buying tickets. I'll buy snacks."

"No need I got it."

"Have you seen the snack prices? You can't buy tickets and snacks."

"I'm treating you tonight, it's fine really."

I sighed, "Okay fine."

Ethan bought the snacks and then we went to get our seats. Before the movie started we began a conversation.

"Zoey has been biting my head off this whole week." Ethan commented.

"I noticed. What's that about?"

"Dumping her best friend kind of triggered her."

I almost choked on my drink, "Alexandria? Zoey referred to Alexandria as her best friend?"

"Yeah they both do." Ethan informed. I just let out a psh.

"Does Zoey know that you asked me on a date?" I asked kind of quietly.

"No I um, I thought it was too soon. She's already on edge."

"I understand." I said nodding, "You guys all still sit together at lunch so things can't be that bad right?"

"We sit together but I mean we don't all communicate with each other. I talk to Sean and the girls talk to each other- it's kind of pathetic to be honest."

"Why don't you move? I mean if you're as miserable as you sound maybe you could sit with me? And Emma and Max." I said shyly looking up at him.

"Would they be cool with that?"

"I think the bigger question is if your table would be cool with it?"

"Hm, not sure. How does this sound? First I dump Alexandria for you, then I completely ditch everyone else.. for you."

"Sounds like I'd be the most hated person ever." I laughed, "But wait you dumped Alexandria for me?"

"Yeah.. over the summer when I confessed my feelings for you- they were really strong. When I found out you had a boyfriend, I had to distance myself and find someone else. That someone was Alexandria but I feel like most of our relationship was a rebound thing. We never really connected or had much in common. She was kind of stuck up and wanted me to do everything her way. Over the past month of school I see you, Emma, and Max and you're all just so.. happy y'know? And then I look over to you in biology and lunch and I see you and I realize I'm not over you. It's like how could I? Whenever you smile it lights up a room and your laugh could make the devil smile, I don't know.. this is cheesy but I guess I just want a chance with you."

Hearing that almost made me tear up. It was sincere and sweet and loving. I looked up at him with a smile, "Wow. I don't even know what to say."

"Do you feel something for me? Anything at all?"

"Ethan I've fantasized about you saying what you just said to me for 3 years. Of course I feel something for you, I have since the first day I l saw you. I never thought you'd even feel half of the same feelings I do."

"Surprise." Ethan said with a small smile, "You're my dream girl."

After the movie Ethan and I got to his car.

"Movie was great." I commented strapping in my seatbelt.

"Yeah amazing."

"You fell asleep on my shoulder." I laughed.

"Yeah sorry about that." He chuckled, "I guess I wasn't really into that movie."

"Then why'd you pick it?"

"It was the only movie I thought would interest you, I didn't care if I liked it or not I just wanted to spend time with you."

"Oh Ethan you romantic." I said cheekily, "But I had a really great time."

"I'm glad. Hopefully we can do it again sometime, maybe something we both wanna do."

"It's a date." I said smiling.

I got home and I couldn't stop smiling. My parents were sleeping because they're like old people and go to sleep at 8. I went straight to my room took a shower and went to my phone to see if Justin had texted me. He didn't so I shot first,

Andddddddddd, how'd the date go??

An hour passed and I still hadn't gotten a reply but I just assumed he was still on the date.

Night Alex:)

The text from Ethan soon came in and smiled,

Night Ethan

I ended up falling asleep right after that, and once I woke up my text from Justin still wasn't there. I decided to call him instead. Luckily he answered, "Hey suga what's up? Long night?"

"Yeah sorry." He said.

"How was it?"

"It was fine." He said with a small smile.

"Fine? C'mon Justin details!"

"Not really many details. We went to dinner, we talked, I took her home."

"Doesn't sound like you had a good time." I said giving him a weird look, "Will there be a second date?"

"Not sure Alex." He said followed by a sigh.

"Oh.. well my date went pretty good. We-"

"I'd love to hear about it but Blake and I signed up for Saturday classes, you know for extra credit and I don't wanna be late on the first day so.."

"Oh! Um okay I'll talk to you later then?"

"Yeah okay bye Alex."

Before I could even say bye he already hung up. I was confused.

How'd the date go?????

A message from Emma popped up and I smiled. Finally I can tell someone about my date.