2.3

Alex

Once the weekend was over and we were back in school I had told Emma and Max every detail of what happened Friday night. I walked into class and saw Zoey was once again biting off Ethan's head with anger. Jesus can she chill, their breakup was last week shut the hell up. I looked over to Ethan who looked up with a small smile. I shot him a quick thumbs up before taking my seat.

"What's Zoeys problem?" Max asked, "I can't remember a day she wasn't yelling at Ethan."

"I can remember a day she was actually being nice. I get that him and Alexandria broke up, but even Alexandria isn't reacting that way."

I looked over to Zoey who had her mouth shaped in an O. It was like she stopped yelling and just froze. Ethan just stared at her waiting for her reaction. She didn't have one. She simply turned around and that was the end of it.

"Looks like Ethan told her off." Emma commented.

"It's about time." I said with a tiny smile.

At lunch I didn't see Ethan. I saw Zoey playing with her food, seeming to be in a slump and Sean speaking to her while Alexandria stared into space.

"Whatever Ethan said to her must've been really bad." Max said, "She's barely spoken all day."

"Jesus what could he have said?" Emma asked.

"I told her I wasn't getting back with Alexandria." We heard. I spun around and saw Ethan standing front and center, "Then I told her I went on a date Friday night, with you." He said looking at me, "I said I was done letting her and Alexandria make me feel so wrong all the time, and I told her I'd rather have you in my life- someone who makes me smile, than them who make me just.. wanna curl up and hide."

Emma and Max had shocked looks as well. I looked at Ethan, "You can sit." I said with a small smile.

"Is that cool with you guys?" He said looking to Max and Emma.

"Yeah. Maybe everyone will stop thinking I'm the gay bestfriend if there's another dude here."

Emma and I laughed, "Max no one thinks that."

"Alex, everyone thinks that."

Once Ethan sat down I saw Zoey, Alexandria and Sean dart their eyes to us. Zoeys eyes went bloodshot red. She stared at me in anger, I turned away before her eyes could burn a hole in my face. Alexandria and Sean didn't even have half the reaction she had. It was more of a shocked expression, but Zoeys was a I'm gonna frickin kill you look.

"Is she okay? Like she seems.. demonizing."

"I honestly don't know. She's been turning into an Alexandria, except worse. If one thing goes wrong, she flips and I'm pretty sure she's going to kill me."

"Gee, sorry."

"Nah it's fine, she'll be fine."

After school I went home and decided to call Justin. I hadn't talked to him since Saturday when he had to go. I called and he answered,

"Hey suga what's going- hey.. are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine I just haven't been sleeping."

"Well what are you doing right now?" I asked.

"I'm just laying in bed."

"Do you wanna get some sleep I can call you later?"

"Yeah that'd be nice."

"Okay bye Justin."

"Bye Alex."

I miss talking to him.. but I can never just have a conversation.

The next day I walked into class and to my surprise, Ethan was sitting with Emma and Max. Zoey was sitting alone. I looked at her for a split second before going to my seat, "Hey." I greeted.

"Hey." Ethan said, "I hope I'm not overstepping my boundaries."

"Nope not at all." I said smiling, "It's good having you around."

Class today was really good, Ethan was a good addition. The whole day was actually good. At lunch we all laughed and joked around like a real group of friends would do. After lunch Ethan and Emma went one way and Max and I went the other to our class. Once I got into the class I saw Alexandria waiting at my desk. I gave Max a worried look.

"Um, hi." I said getting to where she was standing.

"Look I know about you and Ethan and you can stop being so tense I'm not here about that." She said straightforwardly.

"Well what's up?"

"It's Zoey."

"Zoey isn't really my problem anymore." I said taking my seat.

"I know but you do still care about her right?"

"I don't know, I shouldn't."

"Well I'm worried about her. She's been really rude and upset and feisty this past week and it's getting a little hard to handle. I tried talking to her about it and so did Sean but she only makes things worse. She already drove Ethan off and I'm scared she's gonna do the same to us."

"Do you have any idea what could be wrong with her?"

"Nope not sure. It's weird, she's really cool. Could you maybe talk to her?"

"Zoey isn't my friend anymore Alexandria I've tried but it's no use. Nothing I say can make anything better."

"Can you at least try? Please?"

Alexandria being sincere, I can't pass this up.

"Okay fine." I gave in.

"How do you thinks that's gonna go." Max whispered after Alexandria walked off.

"Not good."

"Zoey!" I called catching up to her after school, "Let's walk." I said since we lived in the same neighborhood.

"Why." She said not even stopping to look at me.

"I wanted to see how you're doing. You seem out of it."

"And you seem to be all in business."

"I'm not trying to be I'm just worried."

"Worry about yourself."

"Hey." I said stopping her in her tracks, "Can you cut down the tude for like 2 minutes."

"Why the hell are you talking to me Alex. I thought we established that we're not friends."

"Yeah I know. I'm not here to beg you for friendship I'm here because your new bestfriend is worried about you."

"Alexandria?"

"Yeah. We're all- well they're all worried about you. Alexandria, Sean, and Ethan."

Zoey let out a deep sigh, "Why'd they send you?"

"Beats me. But I'm guessing part of it is because we were once friends, bestfriends."

"So that means you can get through to me? Well you can't. We were best friends but now we're not. You're the last person I'd tell anything to." She said before walking off. I felt a sharp pain in my chest, that hurt. It hurt a lot.