3.4

Alex

The next morning I talked to Ethan from the time I woke up to noon and then he went somewhere with his family. I got showered then put on something comfy. I started flipping through channels when I heard a knock on the door. To my surprise it was Sienna, "Um, hi- how'd you get my room number, or my building."

"Uh, Justin gave it to me I just wanted to come by here and personally tell you have overly happy I am right now."

"For what exactly?"

"For bringing me and Justin together. I thought you two were endgame but.. I guess not and now he's finally giving me a chance."

"I'm sorry what." I said a little confused.

"Last night. We kissed, and he said we'd see where things go and Alex it's all thanks to you! You're like an angel."

"I'm sorry rewind that a little." I said still not completely following, "You and Justin are.. like an item."

"I don't wanna put any labels but.. just between me and you, yes. I think we're finally getting together. All this time I've been hating him for what he did and you for being the reasons why but right now, I just want to hug you." She said holding her arms out. A bit awkwardly I hugged back still trying to process everything, I brought them together?

After sienna left I called Justin. He answered with a smile, "Hey Alex, why are you calling just come over."

"Yeah this couldn't wait. You and sienna are- like dating now?" I asked.

"I'm guessing Sienna told you."

"Yeah and she hugged me and called me an angel." I said with a serious face.

"I don't know what happened. We were having a really good time and hitting it off really well. Then I thought, why not? I'm here, she's here, 2 single people. It's like the first time we didn't work out was because I was hooked on you but.. I'm not anymore so what's holding me back?"

Hearing that was like a stab to the heart. No one needs to hear that someone's over you out loud, they should infer it, not be told it directly, it hurts.

"Nothing I guess." I said a little quietly.

"Hang up and come over." He said.

"Yeah later."

"What are you doing now?" He asked.

"Um, I'm talking to Ethan on FaceTime so."

"Oh. Well yeah later."

"Alright bye Justin."

"Bye Alex."

I set down my phone and had to let everything sink in. Wow.

So from what I've heard, they aren't official but they're getting there. How do I feel about this? I should feel nothing, I'm with Ethan. Ethan's the one I'm supposed to be with so why am I even stressing this? I got up and headed out of the hotel and made my way to Justin's dorm. I entered with a smile, "Hey."

"Hey, you got over earlier than expected."

"Changed my mind." I said plopping on his bed, "Hey Blake."

"Hey Alex."

"Alex?" I heard from the bathroom.

"Um.. person from bathroom?" I called out.

Then the door opened and revealed- oh yay.

"Hey Sienna."

"Hey what's up."

"Nothing in the last 20 minutes since I last saw you."

She laughed, "You're funny."

"Not trying to be but ok." I said trying to make it jokeful.

"I'm glad you're here we were just about to watch a movie." Justin said guiding me to the couch. I sat down next to him, then Sienna got on the other side of Justin, and Blake on the other side of me. I saw Sienna snuggle her way into Justin's chest making Justin look down at her and smile and me throw up a little. I stared at them for a second feeling jealousy build up in me. I felt hair rubbing against my chin and saw Jake snuggling onto my chest, "Look we're just like them." He said. I laughed, "You're an idiot Blake."

"I get that a lot." He said staying in the position he was in. I rolled my eyes and let the movie play.

As we got deeper and deeper into the movie, Justin and Sienna started getting closer and closer. Little whispers and small giggles, disgusting, purely gross. I saw Justin hover his hand over Sienna's and my mouth shaped an O. She completely took his hands in hers and I looked down at her little peppy smile in anger. Oh this cannot happen, not right in front of me.

"It's getting late I should go." I said standing up.

"It's like 2 o'clock." Justin said looking at me weirdly.

"Uh.. I uh-yeah! I know I'm just saying it's getting late as in it's getting latER than this morning and I didn't eat breakfast so I'm gonna go do that- like now."

"Let's all go." Sienna suggested.

"No." I said shaking my head with a nervous smile, "I'd rather eat alone, y'know by myself, with nobody, around nobody."

"Are you sure?" Justin asked, "We usually go to breakfast together."

"Yeah.. just us." I said beginning to get quieter and quieter. An uncomfortable silence swept over that I just couldn't take any longer, "Well.. I'll see you guys later." I said exiting the room. I face palmed myself. I shouldn't even care about Justin and sienna what is wrong with me. As I started walking I could only think of one person to call, Emma.

She soon answered, "Hey Alex what's up how's New York?"

"It was amazing and now it's terrible I need to talk to you." I said speedily.

"Okay I'm listening." She said giving me her full attention.

"I kind of brought Justin and this other girl together and now I'm kind of regretting it because I just feel like they shouldn't be together and I don't know why it bothers me so much because I'm with Ethan and I love Ethan and I'm supposed to be with Ethan so why can't I just let Justin and sienna be happy like I should be." I said mushing words together.

Emma let out a deep breath, "The answers pretty obvious Alex, you like Justin and you're jealous."

"No." I said dreading that answer, "I can't like Justin!"

"Why not?"

"Because of a million reasons Emma I'm with Ethan!"

"Alex if you like Justin more than Ethan then.. it'd be wrong to stay with him."

"But it'd hurt him so much.." I said looking down sadly.

"It'd hurt a lot more if he found out he wasn't the only one making your heart go pitter patter."