chapter 3

Chapter 3

"There is always a dark side, mostly unknown in every story, that pushes the characters to act the way they do" ~Safiatou Diallo

Malik's POV

Ring Ring Ring

I turned around and looked at my ringing phone on the lamp table. I had receive a message from Tony. I won't open it because I already know what it would be about.

I looked on my right and saw a petite blonde naked on my bed. Ugh, I have a fucking hangover and just want to lie down but I know I can't. So I got up and went in the bathroom to take a quick shower. I got out and went straight to my wardrobe. I chose dark jeans with a white long sleeve and looked at myself in the mirror. I styled my dark brown hair on the side. That's when I saw the blonde sitting down on the bed, She wasn't bad looking

"Babe are you about to go out? Because last night was pretty amazing, and we can go for another round right now, if you know what I mean" The girl said with a seductive voice while pouting. Was it Ashley, or Amelia? I know her name starts with an A but that's all and I don't really care.

"Sorry Aurea, I have to be somewhere else."I answered with a not sorry voice. I saw her face change and she got up and started taking her stuff.

"You are such a fu**boy, I can't believe I spent the night with you and No, it's not Aurea but Adriana. A-D-R-I-A-N-A. Is it so hard to remember?"

Wait, is this girl crazy? Who does she think she is? Talking to me like she is my friend while pointing her finger at my chest? So I answered her with a cold voice

"I don't care about your stupid name, you can die for all I care but if you don't close your stupid mouth, you will regret it dearly, mark my word. Just get the f*ck out of my face and house. Now"

She was trembling of fear and took rapidly her stuff and got out of the house.

Why do people always have to make me angry? So I took my phone and car keys and got out. I have to meet Tony in half of an hour at a restaurant so we can hang out for the day. I have a flight to catch at night for Dubai. My Dad said that he wants me there tomorrow so we can do the stupid formalities for a wedding.

Like who the fuck wants to get married? Again, who am I to judge since it is just an arranged marriage, and in return, I am gaining 75% of all of his hotels and business? With that, I would be the richest man alive. So the only thing I have to do is to agree to marry that stupid girl, and make it clear I don't want anything to do with her. My dad wants a grandson? After few years we can adopt a kid and that would be it. It is a win for me, who am I to refuse it, or complain about it?

I was now in front of the restaurant and saw that Tony was already waiting for me outside.

"Zayn Malik" he said with a smirk on his face, before giving me a brotherly hug. Like let me wipe that smirk off your face.

"Yes Tony, what's gucci?" I asked knowing that he hated when I called him that. His smirk was gone. And I started laughing at him.

"I told you stop calling me that name."

"Well it's not my fault if you look like Tony Montana."

His smirk appeared again. "Anyways, didn't you see my message? Oh no, let me guess, you saw it but were too busy with the blonde to answer me." This guy had the nerve. It's his fault if I had too much to drink the night before.

"Shut up and let's go inside." I said leaving him and going inside to sit down in front of my table. This was my table whenever I was in London, since I am a regular customer. And so, everyone in the restaurant knows me. Soon enough, Tony was sitting in front of me. A waiter came to pick up our order and I told him the usual for breakfast. And now I was focused on Tony. 

"So Malik, since you were too busy to read my message, let me tell you what it says. He took a dramatic pause to add effects. Does he think he is a clown?

"Well I quote last night you were pretty wasted, you were causing damages but thanks to me, your best friend, everything is solved, except one thing you will wake up with a hangover not my fault though. I guess your father chose the worst moment to tell you that he wants you to settle down ASAP with that girl, who we will talk about once we eat breakfast, with love, your savior." And now he was looking at me with those fake serious eyes.

"Well Tony, I knew already what you were gonna say, that is why I did not bother to open it, and your love, you can keep it or you know where you can shove it." I said with a smile on my face while playing with the sugar on the table.

This guy is really my best friend, and one of the few people i really care about, but I would never admit it to him, knowing his ego, I would never hear the end of it.

The waiter brought me my cinnamon on the roll with pancakes on the side plus my hot chocolate, and Tony got himself french toast, scrambled eggs, bacon, pancakes, a burger, a Mango smoothie and water. Damn, this guy eats like a whale. His mouth started watering after seeing his food and I thought I would finally eat in peace, oh, boy, I should have known better.

"Sooo"he said, I know what was coming and I was still waiting and being polite

"For the wedding, did you see your future wife AKA the girl you are about to marry? Is she cute? Are you seriously getting married? If I was you, I would say no." He kept going on and on, I was just getting angrier just by thinking about it and I did what I do best, snapped at him "First of all, that girl is not my wife and never would be. Second of all, I don't care if she is cute or not, we are going to be married but just on paper, and that's it" I said in a final tone. He looked at me and I knew he wanted to add more, but he just kept eating.

"Not my fault if you have a hangover" he murmured

"I heard you and yes it is your fault" I added before ignoring him and finishing my food. I was really not in the mood today. I don't know if it's because my Dad wants me to leave the business here and go to Dubai, or just the idea of getting tied down.

After my mother died, I promised myself I wouldn't be in a real relationship, including marriage and I have my reason:

For her, I wouldn't do it.

☆☆☆

Constructive feedbacks are always welcome

~ChocolateLoverQueen

Sep 20, 2017