Chapter 10 | Ilrenia

The elves grabbed Agent 34 and Arenia's hands and lead them across the desert. They went over a sand dune, and a tiny village emerged before them in the distance.

"That's our home!" The girl said in a sweet tone. "It is small and old, but it works!"

"There is only six houses in our village in total...but it's enough to fit our town's population!" The boy laughed poorly.

Agent 34 had an urge to ask what the population was, but didn't ask. Instead, he asked: "What'd you say the name of the village was?"

"Ilrenia," the girl answered.

"Wait," Arenia stopped the children from leading them any further. "What were your names again? And does the village know of our pressence?"

"My name is Delia, and my brother is named Pálin. The village does not know you were so close to them, but they do know that you have the gem and they assumed you were heading towards the Zena. They were planning on preparing a feast for you, and a celebration as well. But, since you arrived earlier than expected, they will freak out and try to get everything done overnight." The girl explained.

"And since there is a celebration, we will get cake!" Pálin joyfully spun around on his heel in a dazed motion. "We only get cake once a year for our birthdays and on special occasions! We can't afford it any other times than that!"

"The Zena could supply you with some money in thanks for helping us along our journey—and trust me, I'll put Ilrenia on the map once Braunick is defeated." Arenia said, and told the children to start walking again, and they joyfully did that while leading Agent 34 and Arenia behind them.

~ ~ ~

Cheers erupted when Agent 34 and Arenia walked on the cobblestone trail that led into the small village of Ilrenia while following Delia and Pálin.

"They already assume you are the gem wielder!" Pálin whispered to Agent 34.

Some villagers ran up to Agent 34 and Arenia in excitement as they entered the tiny city. "Are you the gem wielder?" One asked. "Are you the one that can defeat Lord Braunick?" Another asked.

Arenia and Agent 34 began to get bombarded with questions, and shoved themselves past the growing crowd of villagers who wanted to meet them. Once they were out of the crowd, they spotted Delia and Pálin had already snuck out of it and were walking away.

"Wait!" Arenia called to the children. They jerked their heads back towards the pair of elves, and Arenia and Agent 34 ran after them. "Could you take us to the leader of Ilrenia?"

Delia and Pálin nodded, and began to walk further into the tiny village. Looking back, Agent 34 noticed the crowd of villagers still surrounded the area where Agent 34 and Arenia had been, and they didn't even know they left, yet they continued to ask questions to whatever they surrounded.

The elves followed the pair of children as they walked toward what looked like a church, but it showed no signs of people going there to worship. Pálin and Delia strolled inside it, and Agent 34 and Arenia followed, Arenia's backpack clanking as it hit the metal door of the what-looked-like-a-church.

"Sir Fáolar? The one with the gem has arrived!" Pálin announced once they entered the dimly lit building. The room was big and open, and consisted of pillars that lined the carpet that led to the end opposite of where Agent 34 stood. At the end of the room, there was a tiny throne, where a man dressed in white sat.

"The gem?" The man on the throne bellowed, his voice echoing around the room.

"Yes, sir! I have him right here! Although, he has no name. He goes by Agent 34." Pálin bellowed back.

Fáolar stood up from the throne, his bones making a popping sound as he did so. Fáolar stretched, and then slowly started the long walk towards the group of elves. Once he reached them, Fáolar turned towards Arenia.

"This the one?" Fáolar asked the children.

"No, sir," Delia replied. "He is the one."

Grunting, Fáolar turned to face Agent 34. They just stared at each other blankly. After a few seconds of staring, Fáolar broke the silence.

"I never thought I'd see the day when someone else possessed a gem. But, I guess that day is today."

"Another one?" Agent 34 asked surprisingly.

"Sorry, Sir Fáolar, Agent 34 here has amnesia. I found him dehydrated and starving in the desert, then he found a gem with me and took its energy. So now he is the last hope of Renya." Arenia explained to Fáolar.

"Interesting," Fáolar replied. "I will provide both of your sleeping quarters and food and water if you decide to stay. Stay as long as you like! If you stay, we will host a feast and celebration for you both, because you are Renya's last hope!" The old man laughed.

"We will gladly stay," Arenia said for Agent 34. "but where might we stay?"

"There is a motel nearby, or you may stay here with me at my tiny castle. Your choice." Fáolar said, turning to Arenia.

"Agent 34? Your choice." Arenia said, turning to Agent 34.

Agent 34 gulped, then thought about his answer. Once he decided, he told the answer to Fáolar and Arenia. "I'd like to stay here at your castle, Sir Fáolar."

Fáolar said a few things under his breath, then said, "I haven't had company here in years! It will be nice to have someone else here tonight! Come, come! I'll show you your rooms! And, Delia, Pálin?" Fáolar pulled a gold coin out of his pocket and tossed it to the elven children, then started walking deeper into the room, and Agent 34 and Arenia followed. The elven children looked at the shiny coin, then pocketed it and left the castle.