Chapter 14 | The Duel

Fáolar led both of them to a room which housed various weapons. From swords to hammers, there were also even cannons. "Pick any weapon you'd like!" Fáolar told them.

Ismara picked a normal sword from the rack of weapons, and a certain weapon caught Agent 34's eyes.

It was a long, green sword, and it looked like the blade was not constructed of metal or steel, but of some outlandish material. It shined like a crystal, and was very sharp. The hilt had several unique designs carved into it, each different than the last.

"That was the sword that the Old King used when he battled Braunick," Fáolar told Agent 34, which made him even more confused than before. "Sorry, sorry. I forgot you don't know that story, and I keep forgetting to tell you about it! I'll explain after the duel!" Fáolar patted both of the fighters on the back, and left the room. "Be at the courtyard in ten minutes!" He shouted to them from the hallway.

"Guess we are gonna fight," Ismara said, slowly inching closer to Agent 34.

"Yeah," was all Agent 34 could think of saying. He grabbed the green sword of the rack of weapons, and brushed his fingers along the blade.

"Okay, let me tell you something about that sword," Ismara said, inching closer. "It is not constructed of normal materials used to make swords. It's made out of a material that can no longer be found in Renya, and is stronger than metal and steel combined. That alone could most likely beat Braunick, except he has one of these swords as well. Only eight of them were ever created, and you and Braunick both have one. The others, are soon to be found." Ismara was now face-to-face with him, their bodies centimeters apart.

"Good luck," she told Agent 34, and wrapped her arms around him and pulled him into her tight embrace. But, she let go as quickly as she hugged him and grabbed a sword then left the room, leaving him standing and blushing with weapons surrounding him.

~ ~ ~

"Okay, village of Ilrenia! Today, Agent 34 and Ismara will duel! Dueling for whatever reason, I do not know. All I know that this duel is over some stupid argument. I want a clean match, you two. No killing! And..." Fáolar threw his arm into the middle of the dueling platform, then removed it quickly and stepped off the platform. "Begin!"

Ismara backed away steadily, and held her silver sword close to her torso. Agent 34 did the same thing, the reflection of the green sword flashed at Ismara, temporarily blinding her. He used that opportunity to launch towards her, and slash a little, but she blocked each attack by using her sword as a shield.

Backing away, Agent 34 tightened his grip on the sword's hilt and pushed it closer to his chest. Ismara's brow thickened, and she ran at Agent 34 and threw her sword down on him. Luckily, he brought his sword in front of him and both of the swords collided, sending a ringing sound through the air.

Ismara pushed down on her sword, causing Agent 34's blade to slip off of her's, leaving him wide open. She used the chance to throw her sword down on his shoulder sending a stinging sensation jolt through his body. She didn't let the blade go deep, and pulled it out quickly and jumped backwards to avoid any counterattacks from Agent 34.

Anger boiled under his skin as Agent 34 ran at her, and she sliced her sword toward his feet as he ran at her. Agent 34 jumped over the blade, and then raised his into the air and quickly threw it down on her. He stopped it when the blade cut open her shoulder to avoid any major injuries, and pulled himself back so she couldn't attack him.

"I thought you would've been stronger than this," Ismira smirked, and ran at Agent 34. He threw her sword down on her as she ran, and she ducked to avoid the blow. Ismara continued to run at him. She kicked him in the chest, knocking him to the ground and knocking the air of out him. Ismara jumped onto him and held her sword to his neck, and glared evilly at him.

Agent 34 kicked his lower body up into the air, making Ismara fall onto Agent 34. She laid on him for a minute, and their faces were only a few centimeters apart again. She smiled at him, and he smiled at her, and she quickly got up and retreated back to her side of the platform.

A spark ignited in Ismara's eyes, and left just as quick as it came.

"You are pretty light on your feet!" Ismara called to Agent 34 as he got up from the ground.

"As are you!" He called back, and slowly approached her with his sword held close to his body. She copied his moves, and they met in the middle of the platform.

"You know what I like best about you?" She whispered once they were face-to-face. Neither of them dared attack the other, both were too fond of each other to hurt them anymore than they already have. "I like you because you have determination. No matter what I do, you still try to best me."

Suddenly and swiftly, Ismara kicked Agent 34 down to the ground again, knocking the air out of him again, and making him drop his sword. 

"But not even determination or the gem can help you beat such a skilled swordsman like me."

Her smile spread across her face, and Agent 34 gave up. He didn't want to fight her anymore. Agent 34 stood up, leaving the sword on the ground beside him, and held his hands up in a surrendering motion.

"Ismara, daughter of Sir Fáolar, you have bested me in this duel, and I ask you of one last favor," Agent 34 held a hand out towards her, and the crowd watching the fight was getting ready for his question. "Would you like to accompany me and Arenia to the Zena?"

The crowd burst into cheers, and Agent 34 looked at Fáolar who was sitting in the front row on a lawn chair. His face was filled with shock and surprise, as was Arenia's, who was positioned beside him. Agent 34 smiled down upon them, which shocked them even more.

"Yes," Ismara said to Agent 34, and grabbed his hand. Agent 34 pulled her closer to him, and she dropped her sword. He pulled her into a tight embrace, and held her there for a minute. "I will accompany you to the Zena." She whispered in his ear, and the crowd cheered even more.