Corals mermaid!Juvia x shy!reader

I found this adorable picture of Juvia and directly thought of a one shot in which Juvia is a Mermaid so enjoy.

You were a water Mage but you didn't belong to a guild because you were very shy and couldn't handle big groups.

It was pretty late and you were sitting at you favorite place; a hidden bay. You were staring at the water lost in your thoughts when suddenly a beautiful blue haired mermaid appeared. She swam around the bay.

At first you thought you imagined her but suddenly she waved at you. You waved back confused. She had beautiful long blue hair and her skin seemed like silver in the moonlight. The mermaid smiled the most beautiful simile and then disappeared. You sat there irritated. You waited for her to come back. But she stayed away.

After some time you decided to go home but you couldn't get the mermaid out of your head. You thought of her beautiful smile, her way to wave at you...

You soon went to bed and dreamed of the mermaid. In your Dream you talked to her but when you woke up you couldn't remember what you talked about there was just this warm and happy feeling.

You stood up and went to make breakfast but all you could think of was the blue haired mermaid. So you decided to go to the bay again.

When you arrive the mermaid was actually there but she wasn't alone there were about ten other mermaids with her. You panicked and started to shake. You wanted to talk to her so badly but you couldn't even build up the courage to wave at her.

Then she saw you and waved at you again. You just stood there and couldn't move an inch. She said something to her friends and then started swimming to you.

"Hey what's your name?" She asked. "(Y-y/n) and y-yours?" You replied.
"I'm Juvia." She said with the most beautiful smile you have ever seen.
"Why are you here alone?" She asked you.
"I-I'm pretty shy and don't really have much friends"you answered.
"Really? Your so cute how can you not have many friends?"
She said I'm cute !!! Asdfghjkl!!!!
You blushed. "Nobody ever said I'm cute ...."
"Awww that's sad. But you are really cute. How about you come with Juvia and meet some of Juvias friends?" She asked.
(A/N I know that maybe sounds kind of creepy but she doesn't said or meant it creepy)
"I ....don't know.", you stuttered.
"It's Okay if you don't want to. You and Juvia can just hang out!" She said and and made her self comfortable in the sand.
You nodded and sat next to her.

You spend hours talking, Juvia told you that she was part of a guild called Fairy Tail and tried to convince you to join. When the suns began to set you said you had to go but you'll come back tomorrow.

Time skip (about two weeks in which you joined Fairy Tail congratulation)

You were part of Fairy Tail since three days. You still felt uncomfortable around so much people but Juvia helped you a lot. Currently so was in a huge water bubble which she controlled with her magic so that she can 'walk' on land.

"Come on (Y/n) you still haven't met everyone!!" She said.
"Juvia give that girl a break!" Cana yelled through the guild.

Cana and you grew close in this short time. "Juvia maybe we can just sit with Cana and have a booze or something?"
You walked over to Cana and sat down at her table. "But you still haven't met-"
"Juvia please all those names are already overwhelming..."
"Okay" Juvia sat down next to Cana.

Suddenly the doors got kicked open and a group entered the guild.
"WE'RE BACK!!!" Natsu yelled

"Hey Juvia! Gray is back !" Cana said teasingly.
"Juvia don't care." Juvia said and leaned back in her water bubble "Juvia's not interested in him anymore!"

Cana just stared at Juvia in disbelief.
"What?" you asked.
Cana looked at you, than back at Juvia than again at you.
"Oh now I understand what's going on"
"What?"you asked even more confused.

"You two like each other! How cute!" Cana shouted. "N-n-no I-I.... w-why would you think that?" You stuttered and blushed a little.
"Juvia have to go and greet Gray-Sama" Juvia stood up and left.

"(Y/n)? You like her , don't you?" Cana said in a quiet, serious manner. "I...." you started but couldn't finish your sentence. "You do" Cana said "I think you should tell her."
"Why? I'm far to shy to tell her and if she doesn't like me-"
"She likes you. Believe me before you joined Fairy Tail Juvia talked about you the whole time."
"I... I have to go and think about this" you said. Cana nodded and went back to her normal drunk self.

You stood up and left the guild. You didn't know what to think anymore.
Yes I like her. Could it be that Cana is right and Juvia likes me back? But I couldn't have that much luck.

You were lost in your thoughts till you realized where your were going. You arrived at the hidden bay where you first met Juvia. You sat down in the sand and stared at the sea and just listened to the sound of the waves.

Suddenly the sound changed and you saw a blue haired mermaid swimming towards you.

"Hey (Y/n), Cana told me that you left."
"Juvia I .... look I r-really .... I mean" you couldn't say that you really liked, no that you really loved her.
Juvia grabbed your hand. "Juvia wants to show you something" then she pulled you into the water.

Since your a water Mage you could drown. Juvia pulled you deeper into the sea and it got darker and darker. You shift your hand so you could hold Juvias hand.

Then suddenly a light appeared and then another till you two were so rounded by little lights.

"What are these?" You asked.
"Corals" Juvia answered.

The little lights were all around you, they lit up the dark in warm orange and pink.

"Juvia don't know why but the start to glow when someone's around. Juvia really likes this. You remind me of them" Juvia said.
"Why do I remind you of them?"
"You seemed lost in the dark but whenever you were around people you lit up!" Juvia said and smiled these wonderful smiles you loved from the very first day.

"Juvia I lied in the guild" you said.
"About what?" She asked.
"T-that I wouldn't like you. W-well I r-really like you and you were right am I like those corals I lit up whenever I am around y-you but just b-because I ...I love you Juvia!"
"Juvia loves you too!" She said and pulled you into a kiss.