Lights

I ran down a corridor. Everything looked the same.
I heard a loud roar behind me.
~so it still follows me?~ I asked myself.
"(Y/n)?", I heard a voice calling my name.
"(Y/n)?!!"

I suddenly woke up. I was at the guild hall and someone was gently shaking my shoulders.
"(Y/n)? What's up? You were twitching and sobbing in your sleep. Juvia was worried" Juvia said. You rubbed your eyes.

"Sorry Juvia I didn't mean to worry you! I had a nightmare."
"Do you want to talk about it?", Juvia asked in a sweet caring tone.
"It was about a monster that tried to kill me when I was little. Makarov safed me back then and brought me to Fairy Tail and then taught me how to use magic." you explained.

"Gray-sama also told Juvia this story but Juvia never saw you use your magic."

"That's because I'm forbidden to use it. I can control any light. I can form things with light and produce nearly any object you can imagine. I can create hallucinations with light reflections.
But because it's so powerful a single body can handle it and I would get hurt if I use it. It would break my bones or rip my skin."

"(Y/n) that's terrible!" Juvia said shocked.

"No, no it's fine I don't have to use it and beside I still can make small lights." you said and opened your hand and let a small blue light ball appear.
"Small lights like that doesn't hurt me"

"(Y/n) that's beautiful!" Juvia said amazed by the small light.

"Yeah but I can't fight monsters with lbeauty.....but I want to go on quest and defeat evil. Even if that sounds pathetic..." you said.

"No that doesn't sound pathetic. Maybe you can come with Juvia on a quest and help without using magic!" Juvia suggested.

"You would actually take me with you??" you asked in disbelief. Juvia nodded.

Time skip

You were in your apartment reading a book when somebody knocked on your door.
You opened to see Juvia holding a piece of paper.

"Hey (Y/n)! Juvia is going on a quest... do you want to come along??" She asked with a bright smile.

"R-really?? Yes of course!!" You said overly excited and quickly packed some stuff.

Time skip

After a long train ride you two arrived at a small village surrounded by a dark forest.

"So what is the quest anyways?" You asked.
"It says a monster terrorize the village and 'take all hope'. Juvia don't exactly know what that means. Let's search for someone who can tell us more!" Juvia explained.

You went to find anybody but the village was like a ghost town. After an hour you reached the town hall and on the front door hung a letter.

"Hey Juvia look there's a letter!" You said and read out loud:

Dear mages of Fairy Tail,
I'm sorry I ain't here to greet you myself but I can't stand this place anymore.
All you must know is there is a monster in the forest. It appeared a few weeks ago and terrorized our village since then. Every time it's around it literally takes all hope. You'll feel like all good is gone but that's not all, as soon as you got weak and feel nothing but sadness it attacks and will try to kill you.
Please defeat this monster for our village.

If you are successful contact me

"There is an address on the backside of the letter." You said.