Chapter 4

"I don't see stars in your eyes, I see galaxies"

POV-Evelyn

I am guided up a dark staircase, winding up until I am in front of a large door at the top. The someone unlocks and I am guided through. My pulse is racing, since I still have no clue why I had been brought here now I've been separated from the rest of the group I am even more exposed.

The man who is around my age, stops then turns around. His gaze sweeps over us all stopping on me before I am guided into a different direction then where he had gone bringing alone half of the men who were originally with us.

We pass down some long corridors with many pictures scattering the walls, we pass by quickly not giving me a chance to look. I'm less afraid now that he mysterious man has gone that I won't be tortured until I die.

We stop in front of a large wooden door, "go inside" I am commanded. I nod taking one shaky step in front of myself and twisting the nob, the door opens a crack and I glance in.

"Go in and wait until someone comes to help you. Don't go anywhere" he says. I swallow then of stepping into the dark room. The door closes behind me, and I am alone.

I let out a sigh of relief and pad over to the curtains which are closed, I pull them open letting a stream of yellowish pink light filer into the room. Fully illuminated now I take in the luxurious high ceilings, the large wardrobe which towers over me. Then I turn to see a large bed, I contain my excitement as I walk over towards it.

I sit and my body relaxes as I hit the soft cushy material. My bones ache from sitting on hard cold floor and I remember every one still down there. Meg must be beyond worried about me. I had promised her before I got taken away that I would escape and find her. I wasn't about to break that promise the first real chance I had I would go and free her and the rest.

A knock sounds at the door and it opens, I panic and end up crossing one leg over the other. A petit girl walks in holding a bundle of stuff, I crain my neck to look but fail to spot anything of importance. She places them down sighing as if it weighed a ton.

She turns to me and sends me a sheepish smile, hesitantly, I return the smile. She waddles over and bows.

"It is my honour to be your personal assistant" she states. My brows furrow she bows still and a giggle erupts from me.

"Um I have no clue what you're talking about but, I'm Evelyn. " I say. She seems thrown off guard by what I said.

She stands, blinks at my hand then at my smile. A large smile stretches across her face as she takes my hand in hers.

"I'm guessing you're still unaware of what is happening but you'll be told later I presume," her clear blue eyes twinkle as she says this, "I'm Holly"

-

Holly had told me she was in charge of making sure I get to where I need to be and dress how I need to dress. Which was still all confusing but she kept saying I'd be told everything later. She seemed genuine so my guard wasn't up around her but deep down there was still a hint of fear since I had no idea who these people were.

"This won't be where you stay, but for the time being until the other accommodations are complete then this will be your living quarters." She walks over to the bundle of stuff she had brought in with her. She pulls her dark hair up into a ponytail and unravels what she brought.

A wonderful smell enters my nose, she carries over a platter of food placing it onto a table.

"We thought you might be hungry so-" Holly turns as I go for the food, I dodge her as she scrambles away from the table.