Chapter 11

Evelyns POV

I rush back into the large ballroom filled with large crowds of people standing everywhere. It seems like their numbers have even quadrupled in size since I left a couple of minutes ago.

Holly runs over to me, her eyes wide and wild, "oh gods, so glad I found you..." she grabs my hand, her palm sweaty in mine, "we must get you prepared in the proper spot, come along"

She pulls me abruptly into a direction in the room on the right, in front of something resembling a stage at the far side of the room. Atop it is a group of regal looking people, they eye cold and hard.

Holly brings me to one side and turns me to face her, "okay the ceremony is almost ready to begin," she brushes my hair away from my face and smiles slightly as she pulls a jar out from under her robe.

She pulls out a container filled with dark powder which she sticks her finger into then pulls it out. Instead of dark powder like I assumed, it seems to be a cream of some sort. She pulls her fingers up and drags them across my forehead down to my cheeks then down to my neck leading to in between my breasts.

She breaths out pulling her hand away and wiping in on her apron, "all ready!!" She says excitedly.

I look at her warily, "what is that?" I ask

She nods knowingly to the stage, "all of your questions will soon be answered."

And with that she drops my hand and walks away, leaving me at the bottom of the stairs leading to the stage.

I sigh and look around, everyone seems to have sat down and we're now looking up at the stage. Even as I say this they all turn to look at me expectantly. I freeze my cheeks heating up with the sudden pressure.

Drums sound from above on the stage, and almost instantly my heartbeat picks up with the rhythm, my blood pumping through my veins at an alarming rate. I can feel everything. 

My legs start moving on their own turning me to walk up to the stage, the drums increase. My heart pulses rapidly in my chest. I look out to the crowd and they gazes are fixed onto me as I walk numbly up the stairs. I can't control my body, whatever is happening I am not making myself.. that's when I remember the black powder. Whatever that is must be making me act this way.

As my gaze leaves the crowd my legs stop and I look up across the stage and see Trystan standing there. His shirt is basically all undone, the buttons leading down his chest flown apart revealing a built chest. Swirls of the black powder are marked over his golden skin, like mine they lead from his chest up his neck towards his cheeks.

I stand mesmerized by him. I never truly allowed myself to marvel at his beauty. He radiates it. But when I meet his eyes they are still cold, yet underneath there seems to be an urgency and fear?

I look away then, down to his hands, they're trembling.

The drums are a lull now. All I can hear is Trystan's heartbeat, which, like my own shares the same steady beat of the drums.

He takes a steady step towards where I am standing, then another until he is almost nearly close enough to reach out and grab me.

His eyes burn into my own, I try to stand tall, but my heart falters, fear is creeping in.

Although I know he won't hurt me I still see the anger and ruthlessness in him, deep where no one can penetrate it lies dormant under his skin.

His hand comes up and brushes against my cheek, I realize, where the powder sits. His hand moves down, down my neck, it rests on the crook of my neck at the base where it meets my shoulder. A low sensation builds in me. I realize it's desire. For his touch. For him.