Chapter 10

"When you can look on the bright side, I'll sit with you in the dark."

POV-Evelyn

I don't know what made him the way he is, but I wasn't one to judge it's obvious we both had our demons I just had to find out what his were and help him through it... we could help each other.

I couldn't sleep that night after seeing him in the forest so broken, I had never seen anyone so hurt and just gone before. Not counting myself after the incident.

After consoling him, he told me that I should head back towards the house since it was getting dark. I nodded and walked back encircled by my thoughts. I have no clue where he went that night but he must've gone far since I heard the door open to the house late that night.

Today was a busy day, we were getting ready for the big mating ceremony, Trystan told me it was an important part in the werewolf community when welcoming a Luna. I had no clue what he meant and when I tried to pry him for more answers he simply shrugged me away and said I was annoying.

I grumble walking over to my dresser, I begin to pull out clothing not finding anything that I'd like to wear today. Holly woke me up super early this morning her face was lit up as she shoved me off the bed. Meg came in directly after Holly left my room.

Meg seemed different she was happier and less grumpy then she had been in the cellar.

"Evie!" Meg exclaims pushing through my door a wide smile plastered onto her face.

I look and stop shuffling through clothing to smile back. "How was your morning?" I ask, going back to sifting through clothing.

"It was okay, this place is huge though!" She says her eyes sparkling, "you're going to be like a queen in her kingdom when you get married to him!"

I grumble, "it's not like I wanted to get married," I say, finally pulling out an article of clothing I liked.

She sighs and flops down onto my bed, "I know, but at least you're away from the life you had before." She says.

I nod slightly, what she was saying was true, being here took my mind off of the life I had, and the people here weren't too awful. From what I knew, Meg still had no clue that the 'nice' people we were staying with were actually werewolves. And I don't think she should know anytime soon because it wouldn't end to well for us.

~

After changing I leave my room to go find meg who wondered off earlier, claiming she wanted to go see the land.

I continue down the hallway only stopping when I reach the top of the stairs, I travel down them at a quick pace, reaching the bottom I turn in the direction of the kitchen. The front door behind me opens and hustle of voices interrupt the silence of the room.

"-it would've still been better if we could see the action in the pit a little better.." one voice says.

"Agreed but then sitting that close, the blood flies straight at you."

"What about you Trystan?" They both ask in unison.

At the mention of his name, I turn on my heel and watch silently as they come around the corner. Trystan's eyes land immediately on me, he runs his gaze up and down my body before pausing on my face.