Chapter 5

"There is only one happiness in life - to love and be loved"

POV- Evelyn

"Welcome, my Luna. To Pack Nightshade"

He stands still holding my hand and addresses everyone sitting in the room. My eyes sweep the room, whose pack? And what does he mean by pack.

"I hope everyone is doing well this evening, I've gathered you all here for a special occasion." He pauses, then continues, "I hope you will all welcome her as one of us. She will be ruling by my side in hopes of giving the best chances for Nightshade to thrive under our leadership" he stops and looks over to me.

"You may say something if you wish"

I stand stepping forward, looking over everyone. I open my mouth but nothing comes out. I try to focus on what he had said. That I would be leading with him. I'm guessing I'd lead his people who ever they were.

"Hi... my name is Evelyn and I'm thrilled to get to know you all..." I say looking over to the man still holding my hand. He gives me a nod of satisfaction.

"Please, everyone welcome. Evelyn as our new Luna." He finishes, pulling his hand away form mine then standing back as people move forward. I swear I heard the faint sound of his voice cracking as he finished his speech.

I look back at him and he leans against the wall staring down at his shoes, feeling someone staring at him he looks up and frowns. I spin around and and enveloped into a warm embrace.

"Hello! I'm so glad you're here! I'm Elain, It's so amazing that you are our new Luna!"

I smile warmly and thank her before she walks away and someone new steps forward, to congratulate me on this new achievement.

It continues like this for awhile, everyone smiles congratulates me and leaves. It's so exhausting, and when we get down to the last few people I can barely stay standing.

A man walks up this time, his smile obviously forced, I smile.

He nods to the man behind me then turns to me. "Congratulations, Luna." The man says sneering slightly. I hug him back hesitantly. I hear petrified screams from around me.

I understand why there are screams, the feeling in my back spreads and I scream out he is pulled away from me and tackled to the floor.

I hear the knife clatter against the stone floor, I bring my hands up to my back in shock. They come back blood stained. I collapse onto the ground.

Commands are said, I zone out and feel arm wrap around me, soothing words being said. I watch as the man tries to flee. But is pulled back down but the man with the scar. His eyes are dark and he glares down at the man, impossibly cold and evil.

The man is knocked out as the man punches his face hard, he is pulled up and brought away through doors.

The scar man stands and stretches it his fist, his eyes narrow on me, he walks over swiftly and speaks to people around me.

"Will she be okay?" He seems to ask.

Someone else answers, "it's not to deep but if we don't get her medical attention now the blood loss will be too much."