Don't sully the dead

The sky was blanketed in a depressing gray as a massive flood of tears fell from the clouds. We all stood in an area devoid of life. There was nothing but stones of rock inscribed with names of the deceased below.

My brother kicked the bouquet of lilies causing them to fly, yellow petals scattered as they flew through the air. His friends laughed and cheered him on, to them this was just a game. Defiling and disrespecting the dead was no different than taking a cookie out of a jar. That's how it always starts, at first, it's just little things, but then it begins to escalate. I stood there with downcast eyes. I bit my lip hard breaking the skin, the metallic taste of warm copper filled my mouth as the umbrella quivered in my shaking hand. My brother and his friends began to spit and kick at the gravestone before picking up small rocks and tossing them. My mind blanked out from the shock of this heinous act. My brother picked up a large rock hurling it against the tombstone. It slammed with such force that a crack appeared ruining the inscription of her first name. They all rejoiced in laughter for a moments time.

Billy spoke, "Yo, you should piss on her grave."

A malicious grin appeared on his face, he nodded in agreement as he began to unbuckle his pants.

"STOP!"

All of their eyes focused on me, their faces completely stoic.

"The old hag deserves it. She always punished me for the most stupidest shit," Damien said.

I shook my head in protest. "You don't do this to family!"

He smiled at me with evil intent. "Fine. Dave, give him the shovel."

Dave grabbed the umbrella and forced the shovel into my hand causing me to slip on the grass.

"You're going to open her coffin. She has a sweet watch that we can pawn. Get to it."

My throat was absolutely dry. I couldn't run away they'd catch me and beat me up. I bowed my head and gripped the rusted shovel in hand. I dug and dug for what seemed like hours, all the while the rusted handle of the shovel cut into the raw flesh of my hand. When I finally arrived at the coffin the others grinned.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Open it!" Damien commanded.

"Sorry Grandma, I'm so sorry."

I wedge the shovel between the side of the coffin, pushed it took a moment before a piece of the coffin broke off. I peered inside the coffin only to go white from terror My mind shut off as I clawed my way out of the hole and took off running. I don't even remember hearing the others screaming for me to come back. I locked myself in my room when I got home. My dad went to look for my brother when he didn't get back by eight. Of course I wasn't expecting that he would, after all the dead don't blink.

Oh man! Those are some bad grandkids. Rot in hell, suckas