A new puppy

We named her Mini. She's a Newfoundland, purebred, and only 3 months old. My girlfriend wanted her desperately, and even I have to admit I can't resist the soft "aww!" that escapes me when I scoop that wriggling, fuzzy puppy into my arms. She's too cute! I guess I'm gushing, but I've never had a puppy before.

Mini is a good dog, too, for the most part. At least, I think, since it is my first dog. A few accidents, but she caught onto potty training quick. She gets along well with kids and other dogs, too, which was no surprise given the breed. At first she was kind of hyper, always barking and playing, and it was exhausting to keep up with her, but she's really mellowed out since the mirror thing happened.

See, when we brought Mini home, she went crazy over the standing mirror we had. She'd chase her reflection and bark and growl. We'd laugh and tell her it's just her, but of course, being a dog, that didn't help. It was cute at first, like everything else, but Mini just wouldn't let that mirror go. She'd get distracted for a minute, remember the mirror, then run back barking wildly. Eventually my girlfriend covered it with a blanket, and Mini seemed to forget about it for a few days.

However, the other day while my girlfriend was at work and I was in the kitchen, I heard a crash. When I came running, the mirror was shattered on the ground, face down, and Mini was sitting quietly beside it. I was worried she was hurt, but she seemed fine, not even worried about the sound, and there wasn't a scratch on her either. I lightly scolded her for breaking the mirror, and cleaned it up.

Ever since that day, Mini has been relaxed and silent. No growls, no barks, nothing. She doesn't seem sick or anything, she's just pretty content to sit and stare. At me. At my girlfriend. Always silently staring at somebody. Doesn't go near any mirrors though, so I guess she learned her lesson to not act so rowdy? Never had a dog, but I hear they calm down with age.

Weirdest thing though. Could have sworn I caught her reflection in the television, barking away like she used to. But when I looked at her, she was sitting quietly, staring at me.

NOOOOOOOO!!!! Bring Mini back😥😰😭
________________________________________________
Happy Independence Day to everyone from India.
May you have a wonderful day.😊

And also stay happy wherever you are my Bingo. I love you. R.I.P