Brother

It was the exact same day a year earlier when Thomas's little brother Aiden had gone missing. Thomas  planned a family reunion every year on the 4th of November to remember the good times with his little brother who had gone missing on the exact day.
it was a sad occasion and all the relatives and cousins who had come had at some point started crying.
when everyone had left, his mom had started to cry on the couch.
"Can you make us some tea honey," she sniffed. Thomas  made his way to the kitchen and put the kettle on the stove.  He heard a knock and went to answer it but strangely enough there was no one there.
"Stupid pranksters."  Thomas said under his breath and served the tea to his mom and dad. a couple of minutes later he heard a knock again. he opened it and again no one was there. he was really annoyed by the whole situation and finally settled down on the couch next to his mom and dad to watch Aiden's favorite movie.
By the end of the movie Thomas heard another knock. He ignored it at first, but then the knocking continued. He was really fed up with the prank but decided to play along anyway.
Sure enough there was no one there. But as soon as he closed the door it was knocked on again.
" come outside," said a distorted voice. "no", said Thomas.
The voice laughed,"Why not? your brother did."