Together

"Tris if I didn't know any better, I would say that you are pregnant...

But I do know better. You're a stiff. Get it together," he hissed at me.

Once he went back inside, we took a small sigh of relief.

"That was close," Christina commented.

"At least now all of our problems are solved," I responded sarcastically.

"Tris who's the father? He might be our only hope."

And of course, at the most convenient time, Four walks out again.

"Tris, what's going on?" He asks.

He obviously doesn't see Christina, and he touches his palm to my stomach. Christina gasps.

"It's not what it looks like!" I plead.

"Well this just for interesting. I'll give you two some ALONE TIME," she says putting emphasis on alone time. She obviously wants me to tell Four.

She walks out and Four turns to me.

"I guess she knows now, huh?"

"I'll make sure she keeps her candor mouth shut."

"Please tell me what's going on."

"Remember what night a week ago?"

"How could I forget?"

"I missed my period."

He stands there thinking and then realizes what that means.

"Are you...? Are we...?"

"I took a test and I'm pregnant, Four."

He stands there staring at me.

"I thought we used prote-" He stops when he sees that I'm crying.

"Tris, everything is gonna be okay. I'll make sure of it."

"How am I supposed to survive Dauntless testing?" I asked in between tears.

"You're forgetting that I'm an instructor."

"But Eric."

"Well Eric will have to mind his business and stay the fuck out of it."

"I'm sixteen. This isn't how it's supposed to happen. You're eighteen. You don't want a short, small chested, thin, sixteen year old wife. I'm just going to be your baby mama."

"Tris," he grabs my hand, "I want you and only you. Since the second you were the first jumper and you couldn't remember your name."

"I have no words."

"You don't need them."

He pushes me against the wall and kisses me. It's not rough or animalistic. It's passionate and caring and everything that you could want after you tell someone who isn't your boyfriend that you're pregnant.

"We should go back in there," I say out of breath.

"I'll take you into the room first. We can go in your landscape together."

Together. I liked that.