Mixed Feelings (Albus)

You woke up to the sound of rain hitting your house's window. You turned around to hide your face in your man's chest, but found an empty bed instead. You sat up so quickly you got dizzy, and fell. You stood up shakily, groaning and looked around the room.

He wasn't next to you, and the bathroom door was open, meaning that he wasn't there as well. You ran down the stairs in panic, and when you didn't find him there you ran back to your room. You opened the wardrobe and searched for his things. You let out a sigh of relief when you saw that his things were there, meaning that he hadn't left you while you were sleeping.

You took out some black matching undergarments and some tight black jeans and a black shirt and walked to the bathroom. You had a quick bath and dried yourself off with a wave of your wand. You put on your clothes and brushed your teeth. After you did that you brushed your hair and set it into a messy bun.

You left the bathroom and headed to the kitchen to cook some breakfast. You prepared some breakfast for you and Albus in case he came, a sandwich with milk, and then proceeded to do some cleaning. When you were anxious you always resorted to cleaning. You knew it wasn't healthy, but everyone had different ways to deal with stress. You cleaned all the rooms in the house the muggle way, and then cooked lunch. You ate alone as Albus wasn't there and after eating you started doing the laundry the muggle way. You finished that as well two hours later and it was now eight o'clock in the afternoon.

You sighed in dissapointment and walked to your bedroom. You undressed yourself and put on your pajamas. You slid under the covers, not able to sleep immediately because you were thinking about Albus.

You were very worried, and you missed his warmth when you slept, the way he hugged you in his sleep, or how he always slept before you and you got to watch him sleep. Every morning he would wake up earlier than you and would wake you up with a kiss, and a good morning, that some days was followed with a compliment. You missed his voice, his scent, his smile. You missed his emerald green eyes, that were always truthful and honest when you looked at them, you missed the warmth and love in them. He was the force that helped you going on, you didn't know what you would do if something happened to him. He was your oxygen, you could never get enough, always in need of him.

In all these three years you were together and the last year you were staying together in the same apartment this was the first time he had done something like this. He didn't leave a note, and he didn't tell you where he would go.

You slept three hours later than you usually did, an uneasy sleep, filled with nightmares that you'd rather never experience again.

The next morning you woke up at eleven o'clock, later than you usually did. You sat up quickly, but Albus wasn't sleeping next to you. The bathroom door was open, and you ran down the stairs to the kitchen and then the living room, but you couldn't find Albus anywhere. You walked back to your room and headed to your wardrobe. You took some beige undergarments with you and the same clothes you wore yesterday and walked to the bathroom. You closed the door behind you and undressed yourself.

You stepped into the bath tube and that was when you couldn't hold your tears in. You started crying like you never had before. You were sure by now that Albus wouldn't come back. You loved the man, you really did, and you had given him every part of you possible, and you felt that all of this was for nothing. Your insecurities and fears seemed to be feasting, and you felt like you were sinking in a bottomless lake, the light of day fading as you sank further and further down, drowning in the imaginary ocean.

After some minutes of crying, you pulled yourself together and took your bath. You finished and got dressed. You brushed your teeth and hair and looked at yourself. Your eyes were red and puffy and dark circles were under your eyes.