Once Upon a Dream (Blaise)

Walking in a park in between plants, you kept your eyes and ears open for any sound you should hear. He was near. You could feel it.

Everything around you was peaceful, beautiful. It was the same place you had been seeing in your dreams for the last two years. Soon, you reached a clearing, and as you had been expecting, sitting on a bench in the edge of the clearing was a boy around your age, with skin darker than ink and eyes that twinkled smartly. As per usual, he was dressed in his pyjamas, as were you. At your arrival, he stood up.

"Always late," he mused as he got closer, "why are you always late?"

"It's called making a spectacular entrance," you responded in the same manner as he as he got closer, standing some inches below you.

"Spectacular entrance? You call this a spectacular entrance? You are in your pyjamas."

"So are you. You don't need to be dressed in your best attire to make a spectacular entrance."

"Mother always says that," he mumbled to himself as he looked away for a while. "When will we meet?"

"We meet every single night, whatever do you mean?"

"You know what I mean."

You instantly got serious. "You know we won't meet anytime soon. Despite the triwizard tournament happening this year, not every student of Durmstrang can attend. I won't make the team to Hogwarts."

"We could meet in a ball, perhaps. Mother could invite you over."

"You already know I can't leave home," you mumbled and this time, it was your turn to turn away. "My father needs me, I can't leave him."

"And how do you leave him every time you leave for Durmstrang? Can't your mother take care of him for a while?"

"She can, but I can't just leave them now. Father needs me at home for now. I will stay with him until I will be able to move away from home."

"You're still planning to leave home, then?"

"Of course, Blaise," you nodded as you walked over to the bench he had been sitting at before. He followed after you, sitting down just beside you. "I don't give up on my plans, you know. I hardly do."

"So you've mentioned."

You smiled at him. "It's the truth."

"I don't doubt it," he smiled. "You know, I think you'd make a brilliant Slytherin."

"Absolutely not," you laughed, "you're just biased."

"Why not? I think you could be one."

"Well, I don't," you smiled softly at him, "I'm not as cunning as you are. I'm not resourceful either."

"But you have plenty of other traits," he insisted. "You are determined, goal-oriented; driven-"

"Also exceptionally moral, chivalrous, slightly courageous if I'd say so myself-"

"Everyone has some disadvantages," he shrugged as you burst out laughing while shaking your head. For a while, both of you were quiet before a completely irrelevant topic of conversation got to your mind.

"You know, about the Triwizard Tournament," you paused as he turned to face you, "I know some things you don't."

"Of course you do," he rolled his eyes as he turned to face you. "Come on, share your secrets."

"Secrets are to not be shared, Blaise," you smirked, "but I'm going to tell you because I'm a good person. There are three tasks-"

"I had never thought of that-"