Seeking Advice (Harry)

You looked up as you heard someone let out a long sigh. Curious, you followed Harry Potter with your eyes as he started looking at some shelves you knew contained spells for Defence Against the Dark Arts. You raised an eyebrow at him, as you continued observing him. With Umbridge in the school, you did not do much of this class, and few were those that decided to study more than needed to be more prepared.

Slightly amused, you watched Harry as he seemed to struggle to find a book that would help him with what he was looking for. He raised his hand to get a book, before letting it fall back down by his side. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion and his lips formed a thin line as he thought, not able to decide. After watching him for some more seconds, you decided to be of use to him. You sat up, careful so as to not to close the book you were already reading, and made your way over to him.

"Can I help you?" you asked, and at the sound of your voice, the boy turned around, startled.

"I'm sorry, did I annoy you in a way?" he asked, and you allowed a small smile to appear on your face as you shook your head at him.

"No, not at all, but I did see you are having trouble finding something." you admitted, taking a step closer to him. "I spend more time in the library than anywhere else combined. Tell me what you wish to find, I will be able to help you, propably." you said, and the boy seemed to hesitate before nodding.

"I am searching for a book that would help me find some basic spells that could help someone in combat." he said, and you nodded at him as you looked up at the shelves.

"What about the 'Basic guide to duelling'?" you asked him, before standing on your tippy toes and retrieving a black book from the top shelf. You gave the book to Harry, and he smiled relieved at you.

"Thank you." he said, and you smiled back before nodding at him.

"You can sit with me, if you wish. There are not many available spaces in the library anyway." you suggested as you headed to your table and sat back down. Harry followed after you and sat down opposite you, before opening the book he was holding. Curious, you couldn't resist the temptation to question his intentions with this book. "Why do you want that book?" you asked him, closing your book as you looked up at Harry. "I know for a fact that you are better in Defence Against the Dark Arts to take a book about the basics if you want it for yourself." you said, and the boy seemed to struggle to find an answer.

"Um.. I was asked to help some of my friends." he settled, and you raised an eyebrow at him as you closed his book. Harry looked up at you, confused, but you just smiled as you looked at him.

"I can tell you of the spells you can teach them. You don't need to learn that from a book." you said, and realisation dawned on the boy's face as he nodded at you. "Do you want me to tell you, Harry?" you asked, and hesitantly, the boy nodded at your words.

"Yes, tell me. I guess, that being a Ravenclaw, you have some knowledge on the subject." he said, and you smiled slightly as you nodded your agreement.

"Indeed, I know that stuff." you confirmed his words. "You could start with 'Expeliarmus'." you suggested, before thinking of another spell. "Maybe 'Reducto', or 'Stupefy'." you said, and the boy nodded at your words.

"Thanks, I'll think about it." he said, before standing up.

"Harry?" you asked, and the man stopped as he turned back to you, waiting for you to speak. "Will you tell me the outcome of your teaching?" you asked, and he hesitated a little before nodding.

"I will. Thank you for your help." he said, before walking away. You smiled to yourself as you opened your book and started reading about the second goblin rebellion.