His Golden Snitch (James Sirius)

"Alright, guys, listen here," the captain of your Quidditch team spoke up, attracting all attention to him. You looked up, watching him carefully. If there was any chance you would feel less anxious, this was it.

"The Gryffindor Quidditch team is good, I'm not going to lie," he admitted, "but we have trained hard for this and I am confident in our abilities. We have tried to perfect our aim and our formations are flawless. We've got the upper hand in this, I am sure of that. Zabini!"

You looked up and nodded at him once. He offered you a small smile. "Try to catch the snitch as quickly as you can. The sooner you catch it the easier our win is."

You smiled weakly at him. There went all hope in feeling less anxious about the match.

"Right, let's go now, time to go!" he called out as he got near his broom, your teammates and you doing the same. One by one, you all flew outside to wild cheers coming from the stands. You stole a look at the other team. The Gryffindors seemed relaxed and it made your blood boil. They shouldn't have been so sure of their win.

Your eyes caught sight of a Gryffindor chaser as he smirked at you and your eyes narrowed. Potter had some nerve. You would knock this smirk right out of his face.

The whistle blew and with it went the Golden Snitch as the match started. You pulled up, higher and higher so as to have a clear view of the pitch. You kept an eye out for any stray bludgers while looking for the snitch. But it was nowhere to be seen. You could see the other seeker flying some ways away from you.

Minutes went by and Slytherin was losing. That annoying boy, Potter, was annoyingly good and he was scoring goal after goal despite your keeper's best efforts. You were slowly running out of time.

"Zabini!" you heard the other seeker call out. However, you didn't say anything. You wouldn't stop searching for the golden snitch. "Potter and I made a bet! He claims you are going to lose with a difference of over fifty points. I say you'll lose with a difference of ten points."

You gritted your teeth, your hold on your broomstick tightening dangerously. If only you saw the golden snitch now -

There was a flash of gold and with no hesitation, you dived after it. You swerved away from an incoming bludger and flew between two of your chasers, diving further and further down to the ground after the golden snitch that you could now see clearly. Glancing to the side, you saw the Gryffindor seeker just behind you and laid flat on your broomstick in an effort to go quicker.

You were nearing the ground dangerously by now. The golden snitch seemed to not be stopping, heading straight to the ground and you narrowed your eyes as you got closer and closer. You raised your hand in front of you and just as it was about to leave, you grabbed it and held it close. But you had not calculated your fall.

In a rush of adrenaline, you swerved to the right in an effort to not hit the ground directly. But your fall was inevitable.

Your shoulder was the first part of your body that got in contact with the ground. You were separated from your broomstick because of the impact as you tumbled to one side.

At some point, your tumbling stopped and you closed your eyes. The last thought before losing your senses was that in the end, you had won the match.

When you next opened your eyes, it took you some time to actually be able to see, bringing you to panic before you realised that the only reason you couldn't see clearly was because it was not day. It was actually night time. With a small frown you looked around you, inspecting the foreign white sheets before letting your eyes take in the room you were in. Upon catching sight of the other beds similar to yours, you allowed yourself to lay back on your bed. You were in the hospital wing. There was nothing alarming about that.