Chapter 8

As I pack my bags I look out the window hoping to see Jack walk out of the woods. But times run out and he isn't back. Finishing the last of my packing I pick up my bag and walk out of the room. Along the way I bump into a hard chest. A chest that I'm all too familiar with. Looking up at Mason I can see the worry in his eyes.

"Please be careful baby girl. We don't know how close that vampire is and how many others he has with him" he pleads.

"I will be. Try not to worry Mason, Ill have Killian and the other guards with me. You will be the first to know if anything happens and we won't be that far away. Will you do me a favour?" I ask already knowing that he will.

"Yeah whatever you need" he smiles without even knowing what I'm going to ask.

"Keep an eye on Jack for me. He might not cope that well" I tell him honestly after seeing Jack reactions to the news.

"I will but it's going to be worse for you than him. You know he is your mate so it's stronger for you" he says looking worried all over again as a frown creep onto his face.

"I'll be fine. Just look after him" I reassure him and smile big trying to hide the fact that this will be probably one of the hardest things I've had to do since leaving my home.

Giving him a big squeeze and a kiss on the cheek, I walk away from him and out of the pack house feeling like I have left the most important parts of myself behind. Jack and Mason. The only thing I can do is reassure myself that I won't be gone for that long. Once I make it out to the front I find Killian waiting for me beside a car for but I can't stop myself from looking around to see if Jack will make an  appearance. But it doesn't look like it's going to happen so I make the last few steps to the car, smiling at Killian and the others as I get into the back seat.

Driving down the lane I look back at the pack house as it  starts to slowly disappear from my view. Looking through the woods I swear I catch flashes of white fur disappearing through the trees. Hopefully this will be the last time I will have to leave without him.

"Are you okay little Queen?" Killian asks with a smile trying to lighten my mood. "I'm good" I smile back with a wink of my own.

Even with everything going on I'm glad to even have a small part of my family with me even if it's only for a short while.
Killian is a reminder of everything I have lost but also a reminder of all the good times in my life and it's those memories that I'm holding onto. I'll embrace them and use them to push out the bad memories. They are a reminder to myself that it's okay to smile and laugh because of them. Not to hold onto the loss and let it consumes me. I'm my mother's daughter and I need to be every bit as strong as she was and possibly even more. It doesn't take long to get to where we're training. It looks like a cabin that is really well hidden and surrounded by a large wooded area with more than enough space to practice. Sitting up straighter in my seat I look around and this place seems familiar to me. It's a bit blurry in my mind but I remember it.

"Killian have I been here before?" I ask as I look around me trying to figure out the blurry memories in my mind.

"I was wondering if you would remember this place... Your mother used to bring you here when you were a child to spend some alone time with you away from the castle. This was her favourite place" he smiles sadly.

When the car stops I practically jumps out. Looking around bits and pieces of old memories start to come back to me of playing in the woods with my mom as I sit on her back when she was in wolf form as we walked through the fields. I can't believe how I forgot this place. All the time I spent with my mom alone here as I watched her practice her power in front of me thinking it was magic. Before I realise it was but a power she had to protect our kind. Everything seemed so simple then looking through the eyes of a young child. You think at the time your parents are untouchable. That nothing bad could ever happen to them even more so when your mother is so powerful. This is the best place for me to train and to remember what I'm fighting for.