Chapter 5

Looking into Jacks eye I can feel myself getting lost in them. There's just  something about him thats just draws me in and if I'm not careful I know I could lose myself in him. Neither of us speak but the sounds of our thumping hearts fill the empty silence. Mason was right, there is a connection between us and his wolf is struggling to understand it all. But I do now.... because all I can hear is my wolf chanting  "mate" "our" over and over in my head. But he won't hear his wolf echo those words till I turn eighteen. Mason was right, I am capable of anything and this is one more thing to add to the list, finding my mate before I'm eighteen.  This is going to be hell on earth seeing him every day especially when my bond to him is going to keep getting stronger. Right now, I have to find something to say because the silence feels like its building to something.

"Is this about what happened with your Beta" I ask unsure of what else to say.  "

No he deserved what he got. He shouldn't have treated you like that why I came to see if you're okay" he explains as he moves closer to me.

"I can put up with him talking down to me just. But I won't put up with him talking about the Royal family like that. He should have more respect for them especially when they were only killed a month ago" I tell him as I  try to keep my emotions out of my voice.

"Were you close to them? From what Mason said you took out most of the attackers out yourself and that you didn't even flinch when you were injured...  That shows you were close to them. You don't fight like that unless it's someone you love" he asks curiously.

Mason appears through the trees in time to save me once again before I have to think of an answer to his question.

"Hey baby girl. Are you okay? I haven't seen you that pissed off in years" he smiles as he looks from Jack to me.

"I'm good now. I got it out of my system" I smile with  relief at the quick change of subject.

"Jack I would have a word with your Beta. Some of the Royal warriors will be visiting from time to time to check on things and one of them  is the deceased Queens personal guard. Comments like that won't go down well and none of us can assure his safety" Mason explains to a now mortified looking Jack.

"Don't worry. I will be having a talk with him about his behaviour towards Kyra. Well, once he is conscious. Kyra did a good job in showing him why you don't mess with a Royal warrior" he smiles  as he turns his attention back to me giving me a jaw dropping smile that would send anyone's heart racing.

"Okay baby girl, are you ready to head back? Ill race you. Wolf form against human form and see who is faster. Are you up for the challenge Jack?" Mason asks excitedly as he starts to bounce from foot to foot.

"Sure,  I'm interested in seeing what else Kyra is capable of" he winks at me before shifting into his wolf.

My jaw hit the ground. Like me Jacks wolf form doesn't match his hair colour and he is even large for an Alpha. He is a big as I am in wolf form or well at least for now till my final shift. Then I will still be slightly bigger than him even after we complete our bond. His wolf is pure white with silver tips and absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. His wolves eyes are a dark shade of red that's hidden in his usual eye colour. Looking back at Mason I can see he is in shock as well but he already suspected that Jack was my mate before this. This just confirms it for him.

Turning my attention back to Jack I find myself moving towards him to run my fingers through his fur. Jack moves towards me and rests his head on my shoulder with closed eyes. I can't help but smile at his wolves reaction to me. After a few minutes, I pat him on his head and take a step back give him a smile.

"Are you two ready?" I asks getting giddy at the thought of racing Jack.

They both nod their heads and get into a position to run.

"Let's go" I shout and they take off running.

Then I follow after them, pushing my body hard as I jump over broken branches and tree roots as i dodge branches and trees. It didn't take long to catch them. Both of them are neck and neck and they are pushing themselves to their limits to try get ahead of each other. Completely forgetting the fact that I'm racing them as well. Pushing myself more, I run between them surprising them both. That's when I push ahead of them leaving them both looking shocked behind me. Before I came into power Mason and I were the same speed but now I'm faster even after he gained some extra power by becoming my personal guard. But it's not the same as running in wolf form. That's a completely different rush all of its own. I start laughing when Mason and Jack  release a playful growl from behind me. But  I can't help feeling a little guilty for my happiness. The packs training ground comes into view and everyone turns around to face us when they hear us coming.

As I get closer I slow down and then stop. Checking behind me at the other two I can see there still neck and neck and neither of them are giving up so instead of slowing down they don't stop running at the same pace. I turn and move to the side to watch them. Right now they should be slowing down but instead they decided to skid to a stop and both end up stumbling  over one another in a blur of white and brown fur before they shift back to human form. Mason is laughing his heart out but Jack looks so embarrassed at stumbling in front of everyone out here.

"What... I would like to see you run that fast and not stumble" Mason says as he puffs out his chest with Jack following his lead as they stare down everyone around them. Something only those two can do and actually have it work.

"Now that's just embarrassing" I say laughing as I shake my head.

"So yeah.... I'm going to sort out a few things in my office" Jack mumbles unable to look at me before he turns and starts walking towards the pack house shaking his head from side to side.

"I think someone is kicking himself right now. Any chance he thinks he had of impressing you is long gone after that" Masons laughs.

"Yeah, but we both know that's not true" I smile sadly.

"Seeing his wolf there is no doubt in my mind that he is your mate and our future king. All we have to do now is wait and see what news the warriors come back with. Until then we can't tell them, we still need to keep you safe" he explains as he wraps his arm around my shoulder.

Walking back towards the pack I notice I'm still getting daggers from all the other girls. This time I don't know if it's from what I did to their Beta or if it's from joking around with Jack. Either way I think I need to keep my head down. From what I seen them doing to April they like to make their dislike of people known. Hopefully I will be out of here before that starts happening otherwise ill end up frying their asses if they try that crap with me. One thing they will have to get use to is that I won't stand back and let anyone treat me like that even if that ends up causing me to reveal who I am.