Chapter 12

The last couple of weeks have flown with the help of training April and the others. Training has given me something to concentrate on instead of wondering if Killian and the others have found out any new information but most of all its kept me focused on something else other than Jack. Each day that passes is another day I have to restrain myself from jumping him. My hormones are all over the place and as our connection grows the urge to mark him as mine is becoming unbearable. I know by him that he feels it too. I can see it every time he looks at me. Each time I look at him I want nothing more than to tell him. I need to do it before I do something stupid. What I never expected is how with just one look he can unravel me. I can only imagine that his lips on mine will be my complete undoing. Completely.

Tonight is the packs first party since we have arrived. Ava and a few others turn eighteen tonight and I wouldn't miss it for the world just to see her face when she realises that Jack isn't hers to claim. I just feel sorry for the poor guy who ends up with her. She has no firsts to share with him because she gave them all away without a seconds thought for her mate. So right now I'm ripping through my wardrobe to find something to wear. I want to impress Jack, I'm not going to lie about that.

Somewhere in among this pile of clothes I know I have the perfect dress. I just need to find it. After half an hour of searching I'm just about ready to give up and forget about it. Flopping down on the pile of clothes that now covers my floor something catches my eye and a big smile spreads across my face. Getting up off the pile of clothes I grab the hanger with the bag covering it. Slowly unzipping it I hold my breath hoping it's the dress I have ripped my wardrobe apart for. To my complete delight it is and I release a breath I didn't even realise I was holding. It's exactly how I remember it. A floor length red maxi dress that's tight in all the right places and covers my mark perfectly without looking too frumpy. A split travels up the middle on the front and ends a little above my knees. Searching in my wardrobe I find the perfect heels. Silver with diamonds on the heels and the perfect height to give me an extra few inches in height. This is the dress my mother picked out for my eighteenth birthday and I can't think of a better time to wear it than at a party that my mate will be at. Laying it out on the bed I pick up everything I need and walk into my bathroom to get a shower and wash away all the dirt from today's training. After I finish in the shower I put on my strapless bra and underwear and wrap my robe around me as I walk back into my room. Finding my make up bag and my hair straightener I sit down in front of my mirror and start to get ready. April and Mason are going to call in for me when their ready to go.

An hour and a half later I look in the mirror and smile. Happy with how everything looks. My hair is straight instead of wavy and looks so much longer. I don't want to go overboard with my makeup so I did a smoky eye effect with a tint of red to it  and give my eyelashes a once over with mascara to make my eyes really stand out. I put on a small amount of highlighter and finish with a tinted red lip gloss. The dress is everything and more than I expected it to be. I can't help but think I look so much like my mother and for once that thought brings a smile to my face instead of tears.

I sense Mason outside my door before he even knocks. Our connection is getting stronger even stronger the closer I get to my birthday. Opening the door I find Mason in a black shirt with a few buttons open and his sleeves rolled up and his dark jeans tucked into his boots. This is Masons idea of dressed up and I can't say it doesn't suit him better than an uncomfortable suit. April looks absolutely stunning in a beautiful rich purple strapless cocktail dress with peep toes to match. Her hair is down with loose curls cascading down her back.

Mason whistles "Poor Jack won't know what's hit him" he grins.

"Wow Kyra. Just wow: April smiles.

"April you look stunning. Really beautiful" I tell her honestly as she blushes.

"She really does, doesn't she? Are you ready to go?" Mason asks as he smiles at her.