The Alias

Screeching sirens echo through the halls. Pounding sounds from my bedroom door seconds later. "Vivre, sweety, the virus is out of control. They're calling for lockdown."

       Fear of a world yet to come rumbles through my nerves striking each one like weeping orchids. My mother pulls me from the heat and comfort of my bed. Icy numbness surges through my feet causing me to wince at the floor. I want the warmth of my blankets back, but I was created to destroy its presence. Unlike me, my mother embraced the coldness around her while I always froze in its presence.

       She drags me through hallways that never saw nor ever will see the light of people or the warmth they bring. Walls of granite cascade before us as my feet slam against the tiled floor faster and faster till she has me in a run. My leg, practically barren to the frigid air, only holds resistance to its caress because of the brown shorts I wear. As my shirt touches my skin, the little heat it held diminishes. I long for its touch upon my flesh.

       Mother grasps at me pushing me further down the stilled stairs. We head to the basement seeking shelter, but the voices still leap from the walls. They cling to us, slowing our movements, so we have no choice but to choose, my mother or me. As they gain on us, hundreds of off rhythm footsteps fall behind me. At the sound, my mother looks at me. She has made her decision.

       "Worthless brat." Mother's tone is harsh, but it does not hurt because I know that I am one of the millions. She has objectified me, and so I will be discarded. Her next action is of no surprise. Mother throws my weak body to the wolves and disappears down the long corridor. With this, I will have bought her enough time to lose them in the underground tunnels.

       Their hands are like the snow I once caught with the tip of my nose. Like the snow Mother loved to taste as it fell from the sky. Their hands covered in leather that reminds me of when Mother used to read to me on our leather couches in front of the forever un-lite fireplace. It is too sweet to resist. A time where I never got objectified all held within their leather-bound hands, and I wanted it. I grasp for them but I slip into an abyss of memories, and words I thought I'd lost I finally hear again.

       The tile feels like I am standing in the snow barefoot. So cold it almost feels hot. This feeling is the bane of my existence because while it may have created me, I do not thank it for my synthetic life. In front of me, a girl smiles from her position on the floor. She reaches for my hand, her warmth radiates thick like honey, and I weave my fingers with hers. The concentrated nectar trickles across my nerves producing a hazy awareness. After I pull her up from the frosty flooring, we leisurely walk through the corridor.

       The garden at the end of our journey is shockingly gorgeous. Life flourishes in every crevice pulsing dangerously brilliant under the moonlight. The light streaming in casts shadows that accent the colors and causes them to jump out from their positions in the garden as we pass by them. She looks at me with the same mint green eyes as I have, but her's holds joy and essence that causes them to gleam with life. Her hair is a porcelain color highlighted by the pale tint of her skin.

       She grabs my other hand making the sensation flow through my entire body, tugging me gently she guides me to a lotus flower floating all by itself in the middle of the whole garden. Beneath it is a bowl created by all the roots of the plants. Inside the vessel is blood, but the crimson goo has little green tendrils of magic swimming through it.

       "What is this?" It is all I can seem to ask. She doesn't answer. Taking my hand, she dips it into the substance.

       "Your new Hell."

*Edited 

                AN~ Hi. I'm Stryder347 and this is my first book that was originally published  two years ago. I'm now going through and editing. I will be expanding upon the story and will do some quality control with descriptions so that you'll hopefully enjoy it more. If you have any questions or thoughts do comment. : )