A Lie or a Part of Yourself?

"Do you know that you are special compared to the other six?" Truth. The other teens are living beings created by reproduction, and I'm just a lab designed Vampiric. The Vampiric can blend into any society if need be and generally used for vessels for the kingdoms.

       "Human bodies flutter with heat while crimson blood courses through their veins. I long for that connection. My body is always so cold because my blood does not run. When my blood touches things, they shatter from the molecules freezing. It's kinda hard to miss the difference between them and me." These words are the only explanation I have to the knowledge that I am not them. Some can say that they are sick, of a different race, have different cultures, or even that they miss a feature that everyone else has. I can not get sick, am a combination of all the races, can fit into any culture, and look like everyone else. The only way you would know my difference is if you knew about me, and even then you would turn a blind eye because I fit into your perception of the world. My existence doesn't challenge your discernment, so why would you care if I coexist beside you.

       The hallways are built using arches, but there are no windows only walls. After every three arches, there is a triangular door. These doors made of granite block are abilities. I am lead to the seventh door, twenty-one arches away from the room previously containing me. Chase touches the wall, tendrils of gold floods the granite, they fade, and the door opens. It is not cylindrical it is a bubble. The bubble is white, it is depressing. An obelisk light hangs from the center of the room, a circular bed sits in a wooden frame, and two chests sit on either side.

       "You'll need to give your bio-home a name before manipulating its energy absorption and material compositional state." Of course, it needs a name it would be rude if I didn't give it one. I call it Azul. I nod my head to tell Chase that I'm listening. "Okay, I'll see you tomorrow when I come to retrieve you for the aptitude test."

       The door shuts behind her. Chase has escaped to a fragment of reality filled with communication, touch, and emotion that I will probably never understand. My feet pad against the tile that is as cold as ever. There need to be some changes in my new home. I walk up to the silken form Azul has selected. I gently touch Azul with my hand, her white glow brightens around the shape of my hand.

       "Your name is Azul." She shows acceptance by switching to a rich blue, "I like the smell of vanilla, am always cold, and love books." The scent of vanilla wafts through the air coxing me to the left side of my bed. Azul opens the chest, her arms like concaving ocean waves through the form of silky blankets. Inside are books, and my favorite The Cursed is in here too. I pick it up heading over to the bed more. When I lay down, the blanket wraps around me to fit my body and adjusts according to my thoughts.

       Words dance from the page creating a dream, and images pulse briskly like lost memories that never belonged in my icy life. Warmth and emotion savagely tear at the walls of my soul. Only to fade just like the searing heat that once died to my desolate blood filled veins. The illustrations brought to life by the words telling of a girl who lost everything solely because she believed that others could be kind and the world that ripped itself apart at her command for compassion. Recognition flickers briskly as the corridors lead towards my Mother sitting next to me and telling me of a boy who wanted power and his desire lead us to the kingdoms. His life was not a lie to fill the hearts of Avolonians but the truth that left them empty.

       When I set the book down, an entire lifespan has passed. A knock sounds at the door and Azul speaks to announce the incomer.

       "Arteen Reflace, of the Terrion race level two, has entered. Arteen brings clothing for you, Vivre." When Azul releases me, I get up and walk over to the girl. Arteen hands me the clothes, nods her head, and leaves Azul.

       The outfit is thankfully not white it is an arctic blue tulle lace short dress. I have on black barefoot sandals with gold beads and silver dragons. Around my neck hangs my necklace, my dragon pendent whos tail is a hidden knife. Around my right wrist is a dragon bracelet where the dragon is bitting its tail.

       A knock at the door draws my attention away from my attire. Azul tells me that it is Chase. When she enters, I notice she has on a sleek grey bio-suit. Her question draws me to the fact it is morning, and I have been reading. Telling myself a lie I can never escape saying, one more chapter and then I'll put it down.

       "How'd you sleep last night?" Can't answer that now can I? For what would I say? Would I tell a lie about how I slept well and wished to continue? Do I tell her that I stayed up all night enraptured in a tail of atrocity and delusions so rich you yearned they were spiders silk? Because all you want is to stay captured in their soft caresses. Which would you rather give up? A lie or a bit of yourself?

*Edited

               A/N~ Next update will be next week. I got a beta, and his name is Koneki. Not that any of you probably care. A few things about this update. It has more details than previously, different details, and I tried to portray more clearly Vivre's lack of understanding of social concepts.

                                                                                    Sincerely,

                                                                                                  Stryder347