The Women in Indigo

I am shaken awake from this memory, or maybe it was a dream. As I rub my eyes to try and lessen the pain of the searing light, other teenagers wake up around me. Everything is white. The walls are concrete with paint on them, the clothes they have dressed us in are all the same white t-shirt and white pants, and the guards stand by the doors in their white armor.

       "Get in a line. I want oldest to youngest." I don't have to ask anyone their age because they all scramble to comply. Seven teens of all the races shout out their ages and quickly fall into line. They are scared. I line up next to a seventeen-year-old girl of the Demon race. She has pin straight ebony hair, rose petals for eyes, and her skin is creamy coffee. She is not scared, if anything, she is bored.

       On the other side of me, to the right is a sixteen-year-old boy. He too has ebony hair, but he is of the Shadow race. His eyes are glaciers in the peak of winter. He only stares blankly at the door. Shadows and Demons are known to be stoic, but he seems to be a mix. A disposition created because he couldn't choose who he wanted to be but had the option of both. Maybe he is a crossbreeding, but if all of us are pure breeds does that mean someone made a mistake when they obtained him.

       The only door swings open with no sound. Its silence speaks volumes. The lady who has entered has respect from guards and is of importance to this facility. She wears skinny jeans and an indigo blouse. She may pop against the white surroundings, but her voice is just as dead as the stone walls. She talks as if every word is of utmost importance and we do not understand her. That is just insulting.

       "Welcome. Each of you represents one race, and today you will become the guardians of the six kingdoms. We will have an aptitude test tomorrow as soon as possible. Any questions?" Six? There are seven of us. What happens to the one left? The boy next to the Shadow cross breed asks that exact question. His voice gives away the fact that he is from the Celestial race, the very cadence of life itself. They pride themselves on it.

       "What happens to the one left? And what do you mean by aptitude test?" I can't see him, only hear. However, I can see the girl next to me clench her fists, and the woman in indigo's jaw tightens. Not a good question to ask these people I guess.

       "We collect seven because the seventh kingdom does sometimes choose a guardian. As for the aptitude test, I mean that we will look into your mind and see where you are best suited to be. Not only that, but we'll invite the kingdoms sacred entity to take a peek inside." I don't like the sound of that. "Now if that is all, these fine Avalonians will take you to your rooms."

       Then a realization hit. I knew no one in here. Loneliness is all this new world has brought me. The pain of this began to tear at me from the inside. The cold tendrils of despair a cage for my unbeating heart, and the honey the lotus girl radiated the only key. It kept at it slowly ripping my insides. As if the damage from years of the cold wasn't enough.

       The indigo woman turns around and waves her hand at the guards to take care of us. They grab us by our arms and inject orange goo into our veins. Searing heat splices through my veins but seconds late dissipates into a desolate cold. While the others crumple to the floor in pain, the Demon and the Shadow cross breed and I all stay standing.

       The teens get picked up by their guards past the door. I long to follow them. My want shatters as the searing pain splits my thoughts only to fade again. Why don't I run if I am immune you ask? Where would I run too? A Mother who has objectified me. To a planet that no longer exists. Maybe you think I would team up with the other two and start a rebellion. No, I don't want to kill and feel their cold bodies beneath my feet.

       My guard has curly blond hair she kneels in front of me. She looks up into my eyes with her question already hanging in her eyes. "You're immune to the serum. Will you come willingly?" I nod silently at her question, "My name is Chastity, but you can call me Chase. What's your name? How old are you?"

       It was like she was generally curious. I could not tell if it was curiosity or duty that she'd want to know about me. She pulls me gently toward the door.

       "My mother called me Vivre, and I am sixteen."

* Edited

AN~ Okay here is chapter two. I did change a couple of things, and you'll find out later why. I might upload the next edited chapter tomorrow because I'll hopefully have time to edit it. If not, then it will most likely be updated sometime Tuesday.

                                                                                                 Sincerely,

                                                                                                      Stryder347